Anyone use Seafoam to clean IC?

XDkyleXD

Established Member
I was thinking of using some Seafoam in my vaccum lines to clean the IC anyone tried this or know someone that has tried it?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I wouldn't want to run that crud through my engine. It's not hard to just pull it apart and hit it with some carb cleaner.

03LCalgaryAB

Established Member
I've run seafoam through the truck and I didn't notice a difference, my lawn mower on the other hand responded well to seafoam. The best way to clean the intercooler is to pull the blower and remove the intercooler.

funair02

Established Member
Just a questions for the tuners. Does cleaning the IC do more harm than good.

What I am thinking is that if oil coats the intercooler, you would have more uniform temperatures from the 'top' to the 'bottom' of the IC. Taking this off would cause the top to be cooler and the bottom to be hotter - just like a engine coolant radiator. Is this why Ford/Eaton designed the system to have oil on it???

Just a thought....

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Just a questions for the tuners. Does cleaning the IC do more harm than good.

What I am thinking is that if oil coats the intercooler, you would have more uniform temperatures from the 'top' to the 'bottom' of the IC. Taking this off would cause the top to be cooler and the bottom to be hotter - just like a engine coolant radiator. Is this why Ford/Eaton designed the system to have oil on it???

Just a thought....

No, it's just a poorly designed PCV system.

Users who are viewing this thread