Anyone Spun a Bearing in Their Terminator Engine

racebronco2

Established Member
If you're lucky like i was once ... all i needed was to get 2 rods re-sized and the crank turned. I don't remember the cost of the parts but the labor was free, i do all my own work.

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
How do you know?

Car ran for about 1/2 mile without oil/low oil. The o-ring from the old oil filter was still on after I changed the oil. :nonono:
After getting the car home and another oil change, I get a small rattling noise around 2200 rpm. It wasn't doing it before the incident.

Wayne64SS

Established Member
OH man that really sucks! Always check your old oil filters to make sure the seal is still on the filter!!!!

Good luck with it dude.

2003SLVRSNAKE

Established Member
OH man that really sucks! Always check your old oil filters to make sure the seal is still on the filter!!!!

Good luck with it dude.

A routine for sure, just one night with me rushing and freezing my ass off. Too late to worry about it now. I'm done crying and bitching about one mistake that I usually always do. I'm moving on. I'm want some insight getting it fix.

Thanks!

cbr repsol

Established Member
I had one that rattled on deceleration...It depends on the damage that was done. Chances are your pistions will be ok and most or all of the rods. You will need to machine the crank and get over sized bearings. Basically a bottom end rebuild, you wont know the extent of the damage until torn apart. I wouldnt drive it , you could do more damage . Or if the tolerance is really bad from oil starvation you could throw a rod out the side of the block if you beat on the motor with boost.

twhitey

Established Member
Wait till the knocking stops, then fix it.
A lot of people had have spun bearings.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Car ran for about 1/2 mile without oil/low oil. The o-ring from the old oil filter was still on after I changed the oil. :nonono:
After getting the car home and another oil change, I get a small rattling noise around 2200 rpm. It wasn't doing it before the incident.

that happened to me once but I knew instantly becuase i always check for leaks after startup when doing an oil change. I had oil spewing everywhere.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry to hear about your rod bearing, we fix alot of these (stock and aftermarket), Below is a rough estimate (other shops may vary but these are our rates)

$150 Turn/Machine Crank
$199 Clevite Rod and Main Bearings
$800 Dis-assembly/assembly labor
$90 Resize 2 rods (if replacement needed cost is $89 ea.)
Shipping to and from MMR $590
1 year warranty included

Let us know how we can help!

MMR

MMR%20Opener.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread