Anyone Seen Logan Yet?

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I'll wait for it on DVD and buy it. I have all the other X-Men movies so might as well get this last one. It certainly looks good from the trailers though!

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I saw it last night, to me it lived up to all of the solid reviews that it has received so far. I think this movie will appeal to many people that don't like most of the comic book based films that have been made in the last decade.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Hugh Jackman and his Portrayal of the Wolverine along with Patrick Stewart have been the lone bright spots in otherwise average XMen movies.

Deadpool and hopefully this movie will reset how Fox approaches the Xmen franchise. Story, plot, character development and quality action sequences... its about damn time.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Just saw it. Excellent movie, and a very fitting exit for Hugh Jackman. He, Patrick Stewart and the girl knocked it out of the park!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Great movie and send off to Logan and Hugh Jackman. I enjoyed it. Had a couple of hints for future films including one with a merc.

Was a bit more emotional than other X-Men films. I didnt love the movie but I did enjoy it a lot. To me, Days of Future Past is still the better X-Men film not including Deadpool.

No Spoilers, but the ending though was a big WTF for me. One simple line and/or a simple scene could’ve changed that and made it better for me.

Last edited:

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
So, based on "exit for hugh Jackman " and "send off" he dies.

Well, there goes that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueSnake01

Established Member
So, based on "exit for hugh Jackman " and "send off" he dies.

Well, there goes that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not necessarily, it just character arc goes thru a full closing. They could make another Wolverine film if Hugh wanted to come back, or leave it as is. I’ll just leave it at that.

Last edited:

Hele On

I'll make it fit
Established Member
Great movie and send off to Logan and Hugh Jackman. I enjoyed it. Had a couple of hints for future films including one with a merc.

Was a bit more emotional than other X-Men films. I didnt love the movie but I did enjoy it a lot. To me, Days of Future Past is still the better X-Men film not including Deadpool.

No Spoilers, but the ending though was a big WTF for me. One simple line and/or a simple scene could’ve changed that and made it better for me.

So did you end up taking your 10 year old daughter?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
So did you end up taking your 10 year old daughter?
Yes, yes I did and she enjoyed it. She teared in the end, she got emotional. Honestly, it was violent but not crazy or gory like they were making it. If you ask me, Walking Dead had scenes where they showed more

Hele On

I'll make it fit
Established Member
^^
Gotcha both. Not judging in any way, I brought both my daughters (13 and 17). Of course they enjoyed it. I asked them what they thought if I had brought them to see Logan if they were 10, and they said that their fears would be based on more suspense filled scenes rather fantasy/fictional fight scenes. They were actually expecting to see Logan go more "berserk" scenes.

***SPOILERS***

As for myself, I really liked the scene where he loses it and goes off on the truck, as far as one of the many humanizing moments.

I liked the ending, it worked for me. Shane, one of the greats, if you've grown up watching that movie you'll understand. Another thing I picked up on was Jim Croce's "I Got a Name" which was used at the end of The Last American Hero with Jeff Bridges. Might be stretching but Mangold may have been paying a little homage.

I've read some people felt let down by the ending, including my son (22) who's a big fan of the Wolverine movies. I brought up to my daughters that if it had ended like scene in Titanic... where in a kind of dream sequence, Logan gets to see/walk into the mansion or sit down at a large table with Charles, Jean, Mariko, Kitty, Rogue, etc. surrounded by family and friends... that there wouldn't have been a dry eye in the theater. They agreed.

I've been reading comics since the late 70's and enjoyed Logan's journey since his cameo in The Incredible Hulk to X-Men #94 through the Claremont and Byrne years and into the Jim Lee rebirths.

This was a modern day western tale that could stand on its own and ended as such.

**** just read an interview with Mangold and he didn't really care to cater to the franchise of Wolverine or The X-Men. Hence, he was more focused on the story and not worried about where it's going to leave the future or how it affects the other movies. http://www.firstshowing.net/2017/interview-logan-director-james-mangold-on-making-unique-movies/

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Well, the character Wolverine isnt done in the films. For Hugh Jackmans last role as Wolverine he wanted a story like this. Something to put a period at the end his time wearing the claws. Id say it went above and beyond everyones expectations.

Seriously, whoever is chosen to replace Jackman as Wolverine in future movies has some, BIG goddamned shoes to fill.

Users who are viewing this thread