Anyone Running Pulstar Spark Plugs with the 5.0?

SVTMang

Established Member
So I was trying to find local places I could order plugs since it seems like my 2011 I just bought with 35,000 miles on it is in dire need of a change as I believe theres over 15,000 of those tuned pretty richly and the only place that had any sort of Coyote 5.0 plug in stock was Auto Zone with a Pulstar Plug.

It could use an oil change which will be done as well. Royal Purple will unfortunately have to be used since thats what the original owner ran.

But I wanted opinions on the Pulstar plug which apparently the only difference between it and a normal plug is the Pulstar contains a capacitor which makes firing quicker and stronger. I wasn't sure if this plug would cause misfires or issues down the road.

Thanks in advance!

Nick, Proud owner of a Candy Metallic Red 2011 GT/CS.

pysu8adu.jpg

bmitchell373

Established Member
oreillys here had NGK on the shelf. And just because Royal Purple was used, you don't have to put it back in. Just stay full synthetic.

SVTMang

Established Member
oreillys here had NGK on the shelf. And just because Royal Purple was used, you don't have to put it back in. Just stay full synthetic.

Ah, thats reassuring, thanks. I may go to Mobil 1 Full Syn High Mileage for its high zinc content. I always heard once you go Royal Purple you can't go back, idk why people said that other than being full syn. I'll see if I can find any NGK Iridiums for the 5.0 around here. We only have Advance Auto, Napa, and Auto Zone here.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

SVTMang

Established Member
We normally run Brisk and Ford Racing plugs here at the shop

If you need a set just shoot me a PM.

As far as Pulstar I can't really vouch for them as we've never really used a set at the shop.

Brisk Racing Spark Plugs ( Set of 8 ) - Justin's Performance Center

Just ordered factory ford plugs from the dealer, but thanks! Said they would get them within the hour. I will however hit you guys up for the T-56 and a mcleod Rst clutch in the near future. I know the MT-82 won't last long with my plans. Coming from a 500whp 1000lb lighter ecotec car I am going to have to set my goals a bit higher! ;)

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
O'Reilly stocks the Factory Motorcraft Iridium plugs (SP519) for $8.50 a piece.

I was told the Pulstar plugs crap out...

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ah, thats reassuring, thanks. I may go to Mobil 1 Full Syn High Mileage for its high zinc content. I always heard once you go Royal Purple you can't go back, idk why people said that other than being full syn. I'll see if I can find any NGK Iridiums for the 5.0 around here. We only have Advance Auto, Napa, and Auto Zone here.

People say a lot of dumb stuff about oil. If you're going to use M1 you should look into M1 Extended Performance, it's their best oil. That said, RP is still a superior formulation to that. RP HPS 5w30 is what we run in the SVTP GT.

O'Reilly stocks the Factory Motorcraft Iridium plugs (SP519) for $8.50 a piece.

I was told the Pulstar plugs crap out...

Stock plugs are Iridium now? I thought they were platinum.

SVTMang

Established Member
Zink is mainly for flat rapper cam motors. Not roller.

Zinc reduces wear on any engine. But yeah I will agree it matters most on flat tappet cam motors. There is more friction there than a roller motor.

SVTMang

Established Member
People say a lot of dumb stuff about oil. If you're going to use M1 you should look into M1 Extended Performance, it's their best oil. That said, RP is still a superior formulation to that. RP HPS 5w30 is what we run in the SVTP GT.

Stock plugs are Iridium now? I thought they were platinum.

Hm, alright. I may stick to that. I am however ditching the current oil filter being used. Its an STP oil filter. I have seen these oil filters nearly ruin multiple engines from stopping up and collapsing, spiking oil pressure and starving the engine in its most critical places.

Users who are viewing this thread