anyone running mac lt's?

o0 01 SVT 0o

Established Member
as the title says im just trying to get some feedback on the mac lt's.. anyone running them and if so how do you like them?

markw351

Established Member
i have them my 03 cobra and my 4v swap 2000 saleen. i think they are great for the money. no issues w/either set.

trxcobra

Established Member
Have them on my car, no complaints. I dont think they can be beat for the price. But if I had an extra $500 to blow I would have gone with some Kooks or ARH

99MystiC

Established Member
With a tubular K i can remove in less than 30 minutes and install in about an hour. This is without a lift and taking my time. Fitment is great.

03kevo

Established Member
Mac lts here. Make sure you get the ceramic coated ones and not chrome ones. They do a very good job of extracting heat (chrome) from the engine etc but you will feel a little bit of warmth on the legs with the chrome ones.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I remember back in they day they ruined a bunch of the 4v motors. Nobody could say for sure why but it was thought welding slag was left in the headers and melted by the exhaust and sucked into the motor through the egr. I'm not sure what caused it but all of the people that had the problems had scored cylinder walls after the install and burned tons of oil. Mac never owned up to the problem either... If it was me I would spend the extra money on a good set. Can you pull the trans with macs without moving them?

lafeva

Established Member
That's weird I never had any issues like that with mine. I had a set of ceramic coated Mac lt's on my 97 cobra. You can pull the trans with them on as I had to probably four times it is a little bit of a tight fit and the first time it took me FOREVER to get the trans back in but once I figured out the secret to maneuvering it in it wasn't so bad. I would definitely buy another set if you don't have the extra money to buy kooks.

o0 01 SVT 0o

Established Member

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Just got a set of ceramic lt's installed a few months ago. Very pleased with them for the price.

The general consensus is that the quality control issues are a thing of the past for Mac.

slick4_6

Established Member
It appears they have fixed the problem. Those posts stopped popping up years ago. It was really shitty that they never owned up to it. It was common knowledge to not hook up the egr if you were running mac lt. I still don't know if I could support a company that did that. I think at the time they were blaming it on valve seals because of the great job mac headers did scavenging.

o0 01 SVT 0o

Established Member
Thanks for all the feedback guys!! Ill be buying a set with the o/r x pipe by the end of the week and i will have them and a tubular k member from mmr installed in a month

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
$399 at speedconcepts.net for the 4v ceramic coated MACs. Best price anywhere.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
It appears they have fixed the problem. Those posts stopped popping up years ago. It was really shitty that they never owned up to it. It was common knowledge to not hook up the egr if you were running mac lt. I still don't know if I could support a company that did that. I think at the time they were blaming it on valve seals because of the great job mac headers did scavenging.
This is how I feel too... the problem may have been fixed but I won't buy from them on principle at this point. :beer: And every product I have seen from them is crap. :dw:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
This is how I feel too... the problem may have been fixed but I won't buy from them on principle at this point. :beer: And every product I have seen from them is crap. :dw:

And how many sets of you IN PERSON seen? Lots of guys run all their stuff, midpipes,catbacks... The flowpaths sound mean! I think BBK's look like Shiate!

Last edited:

RX1Cobra

Established Member
And how many sets of you IN PERSON seen? Lots of guys run all their stuff, midpipes,catbacks... The flowpaths sound mean! I think BBK's look like Shiate!
Over the last 15 years I've probably helped to install about 10 different Mac products headers, pro chambers and catbacks. Each time you could tell the metal was way thinner and so were the flanges. But most of this stuff was years ago so maybe there quality has improved? Overall you get what you pay for and one of my buddies catbacks had a pipe rust through after two winters. OP I'm sure you'll be fine with them but to me headers are such a big project I wouldn't want to have to touch them again once I was done. I have a bassani x pipe and if you put that next to a Mac one there is no comparison. To each there own but I keep my stuff a long time and find its usually cheaper to spend a little extra and only do it once. Steps off soapbox. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread