Anyone running BMR SP065 Handling springs?

8krdline

Established Member
Anyone have any experience with the BMR SP065 Handling springs? I currently have Steeda Sports that will be installed soon along with Koni Sports but I wanted to hear some feedback from anyone that may have these BMR springs. I'm just wondering if they may be too stiff for typical daily driving even though I only pull the coyote out for nice days or weekend driving.

BMR Tech

Keep this thread up top and I'll post an email I recently received, with some feedback and a pic. I got it today, and was very happy to see what the customer had to say.

BrianH87

Established Member
I was also considering running these with my Koni Yellows. I just don't want something that rides as bad as my sportlines. Awaiting feedback.

BMR Tech

Here is his E-Mail to me.

Kelly,
Back on December 18 I put in an order for the following parts:
BMR-CAB005
BMR-TCA021
BMR-SP065R
BMR-PHR013
BMR-PHR007
KON-M0510
FOR-M18183
I recently installed them on the car and was able to get it out on the roads a bit. The new stance and ride is quite amazing. I'm very excited to get the car out on the autocross arena and get some tuning done on the rear. Something tells me I will be looking into new sway bar's soon after I get some seat time with the new setup. The ride is much more firm than stock, but not unbearable. Keeping in mind I went with the new handling springs and koni yellows. My girlfriend currently owns a 2013 Boss and after comparing the rides I would say mine is slightly stiffer. We both autocross so I'm ready to do some comparisons to the Boss setup. I just wanted to write back and thank you for helping guide me to this setup. Attached is a picture of the car and new stance.

20150222_125605.jpg

BMR Tech

We design all of our S197 Springs to sit at approximately the same heights, because we have found that this height is where the car performs best, typically.

We also design our supporting suspension modifications around our S197 Spring Heights.

BMR Tech

Here is a Boss 302, that a local customer who is an avid road course junky, has sitting on our SP065 Springs.

20150125_110237.jpg

bullet3z

Established Member
The photo of the white GT makes it look like it sits pretty low. I am concerned that my local road conditions plus pulling in and out of driveways will be a issue.

CobraRed_96_GT

Dept. of Redundancy Depar
Established Member
240/200 does not sound too high for handling purposes at all. If anything it's still a compromise in order to maintain streetable comfort for a car that will see turns on a track.
If you don't plan on seeing a track, I don't see why not just get standard lowering springs.

8krdline

Established Member
I have a road course opening in the spring about 10 miles from where I live. I may eventually get my car out there but still undecided. I was interested in these just in case I do decide to get out there at some point

TrackpackGT

Established Member
Kelly, I wonder if his girlfriend bought my friend Brian's orange with white stripe Boss.

Users who are viewing this thread