anyone running a stage 1 modified fpdm? help

powershifter

Established Member
I'm upgrading my fuel system to run dual ford gt pumps. My car is a 2002 Mustang gt, I'm using my stock fuel tank with an 03 cobra fuel hat, 2 ford gt pumps and I have a stage 1 modified fpdm from lethal perfrormance. Do I need to upgrade any of the wiring to use this fpdm or just remove the stock one and plug in the modified one?
The power level I'm looking to achieve is 600-650 rwhp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
First of all, IIRC, your tank isn't fully compatible with the 03 hat. Something about the fuel gauge not working correctly. I can't tell you what to do on yours but I can share what I've done on mine. I ran a dedicated power lead from the power junction under the hood, down through the inner fender (have to remove the fender liner), into the cabin (drill a small hole, use a grommet) underneath the trim along the seat, under the rear seat, and into the trunk. I used the CCRM as an on/off switch so the FPDM still turns off with the key. According to Lethal, you should do this because your ccrm can't handle the power requirements this fpdm & pumps will draw. Once it's on, the fpdm can draw power through the new lead so as not to blow the ccrm. I also ran new, heavier wiring from the fpdm down to the pumps.
Call Jared at Lethal. They sell a wiring kit that will make life easier for you. I promise it's money well spent plus he can walk you through the specifics for wiring in the fpdm like I did. It's been too long since I did mine and he had to hold my hand too.

Last edited:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I run a single FPDM with Twin GT pumps with zero problems. I do have the wiring upgrade also.

TrueBlueGT has a point so be sure and check what he's saying out.

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
i'm running dual gt pumps with a stage 1 fpdm no problems.

powershifter

Established Member
Mmm I just called lethal performance, the guy said that no wiring upgrade was needed just unplug stock fpdm and replace with modified fpdm.

Users who are viewing this thread