Anyone running a 2.4 upper and 15% OD?

Shhhh

Established Member
Just FYI for anybody b/t the 10% OD and 15% OD pulleys.....
You can send either one of them to Innovator West to be converted to the other for much cheaper than buying a new one. Dustin did this with his 10% OD to make it a 15% OD Pulley.

Thanks for posting! I believe its right around $60.

mike69440

Established Member
2.4 with anti slip coating.

the 2.4 " puley will up the bearing laod on the front nose bearings.

Carbonite Coatings.

Home

God help the belt if it starts to slip with this stuff. I'd carry tools and extra belt.

Last edited:

Nickoli

Established Member
Just FYI for anybody b/t the 10% OD and 15% OD pulleys.....
You can send either one of them to Innovator West to be converted to the other for much cheaper than buying a new one. Dustin did this with his 10% OD to make it a 15% OD Pulley.

No shit?!?!? I Was thinking about getting a 2.4 upper to go with my 10% lower but I might just turn my 10% into a 15% for cheaper....

gkviper192

Established Member
the 2.4 " puley will up the bearing laod on the front nose bearings.

Carbonite Coatings.

Home

God help the belt if it starts to slip with this stuff. I'd carry tools and extra belt.

I would not recommend putting the carbinite coating on a 2.4 upper. It will create an extreme amount of belt dust and premature belt wear.

mach330

Established Member
I know a 10% OD and a 2.4upper are fine with plain jane 93 in the tank.

You are playing with fire here, without supporting mods. Not only are you risking detonation, but damage to the blower due to heat build-up in the blower during extended WOT. Tolerances change with temperature.

Shhhh

Established Member
You are playing with fire here, without supporting mods. Not only are you risking detonation, but damage to the blower due to heat build-up in the blower during extended WOT. Tolerances change with temperature.

That is a setup being currently run on multiple cars on and off this site. I think even Lethal sells that setup as a kit. With proper tuning you will not have any problem running that setup on 93octane. If you are doing laps around the Nardo I can maybe believe it.

gkviper192

Established Member
Doesn't matter he is running too much boost for pump gas and has exceeded the efficiency of the TVS at that Boost level turning it into a heat pump.

Shhhh

Established Member
Doesn't matter he is running too much boost for pump gas and has exceeded the efficiency of the TVS at that Boost level turning it into a heat pump.

Again, I've never had less than 100 octane in the car. People have been spinning superchargers past their compressor efficiency for years now with nothing but gains. If you are looking for a combo to hot lap then this is not for you but who does that anyway?:shrug:

gkviper192

Established Member
Again, I've never had less than 100 octane in the car. People have been spinning superchargers past their compressor efficiency for years now with nothing but gains. If you are looking for a combo to hot lap then this is not for you but who does that anyway?:shrug:

Sorry, old thread I didn't read back through it again. 100 octane yea you should be good street pulls and drag racing.

mach330

Established Member
2.4 upper and 15% spun the belt so bad it made less power. Just a heads up for anyone thinking about going this route. The stock upper goes back on Saturday with the 15% lower.

I have designed a 2.5" pulley for those intending to run both an upper and lower pulley. More belt wrap and less boost, to keep things within reason. PM for details.

Joe5.0

Established Member
I do not see any reason to run an upper AND a lower, no matter a 10% or a 15%. Your over spinning that stock TVS blower, thus making it extremely insufficient, causing detonation, powerloss blah blah blah.

Its a no brainer IMO.

Run JUST a 10% OD Lower and call it a day. I am putting out 18.5 Psi with 100% stock exhaust, and with the combination of Jay's 127MM Carbon Fiber CAI, the supercharger whine is fantastic.

Just my 2 cents.

Joe

Shhhh

Established Member
I do not see any reason to run an upper AND a lower, no matter a 10% or a 15%. Your over spinning that stock TVS blower, thus making it extremely insufficient, causing detonation, powerloss blah blah blah.

Its a no brainer IMO.

Run JUST a 10% OD Lower and call it a day. I am putting out 18.5 Psi with 100% stock exhaust, and with the combination of Jay's 127MM Carbon Fiber CAI, the supercharger whine is fantastic.

Just my 2 cents.

Joe

With race gas you will not see detonation and you will see increase boost on the stock blower. In my circumstance it just ended up being too much and slipped the belt. There may be some magic belt length and tensioner combo for it to work but I dont feel like figuring it out. As for it being inefficient the blower will start creating more heat but it will create more power as well. This isnt anything new. Just trying to push the envelope on the stock blower is all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread