Anyone run a new 16+ SS Camaro?

iflybyu

Established Member
My boy has a 16 1 ss auto and I have a 2003 cobra with a tvs gen 2 gt500 blower with bolt owns and tune. Me him and a stage 2 Roush all roll raced and I pulled them pretty hard then had to let off they stayed in it and the camaro put about 3 cars on the mustang I thought it being a stage 2 roush it would be the opposite but that camaro is fast for a stock car

5.0jake

Established Member
M6 SSs are slow in an average drivers hands they are about a 13 second car the autos are the only ones I would be concerned with. As previously stated tunes for them aren't much of an improvement for basic bolt ons so for them to see big gains they have to do a lot more then a coyote. M6 for M6 it's a drivers race 100% from a dig. Roll Racing they should have the advantage unless they just can't drive.

Basic Bolt on 11-14 A6 will run with a 6th gen/C7 A6 and beat M6's np, converter cars or driver mod M6/CJ should wax them all day and C7's just my opinion.

Well your opinion is wrong. Lets talk facts...
The 6 gen SS is not a 13 sec car. This is how bunk information is spread..

The stock gen6 SS manual average dynos 400/400 and weights 3675. It's solid mid 12 car. Low 12 properly driven in good air. Definitely not slow...

The A8 advantage is in the 60 ft and 1/8 mainly and is actually no faster from a roll than the 6m SS, especially as the speeds increase.

Source: Ive owned 3 coyote GT's and both the A8 and now the 6m SS.

My 2SS 6m ran a 12.4@ 116 with a 2.1 60ft in humid 90 degree weather on my second run. My best run with the A8 ss was a 12.1@114 with a 1.8 60ft. I'm a better than average driver but certainly not a pro.

The 6m SS is a bit tricky to launch but VERY easy to drive fast once you're moving.
If slower cars ( e.g stock stang GT's) are beating the manual gen 6 SS, they are beating the driver not the car.

Gen6 6m SS similar in acceleration as a C5 Z06 (nobody considers slow) are both manual and is a drivers race if both stock.

Last edited:

m3boost

Established Member
Here's me racing one from a dig and from a roll. On this dig I beat him by about 3/4 of car but was I beginning to pull hard. From a roll, I raced him a few times and beat him every single time. He did beat me from a dig once due to my bad take off.. He only had intake at that time. his best at the 1/8 mile is 7.8 @ 94mph and my best has been 7.6 @ 96 mph.. This is a gt35r turbo but now I have upgraded to the gt4094r..

tktlwyr

Established Member
I had some poor fool in a new M6 SS try to get frisky with my Whippled Shelby last week from a roll. It didn't end well for him unless he wanted to see if the Earth was truly round as he watched my car disappear over the horizon as I was pulling away from him. :)

Users who are viewing this thread