anyone put cut-outs on their cobra?

Trevor_00Ws6

O.R.A.N.G.E. A.R.M.Y
Established Member
Im wanting to do exhaust on my cobra, but I love having a quiet car(sometimes). This is my daily driver and I already have a car that is incredibly loud so thats not what want. Yes I know cut-outs are loud, but I plan on getting 2 electric cut-outs somewhere before the muffler but as close as possible to them, so that why I can have quiet and I can have loud.

I was just wondering how they sound? Anyone have a clip of it? Or should I just go ahead with a maggy catback?

Thanks

Hye

Established Member
my brother has *1* on his 01L and it sounds pretty good. the drone gets old after a while, and it seems like the inside has started to rattle more cuz of it??

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
I have cutouts on my cobra. the cutouts are on an off road pipe btw.. not a stock h. It's loud.. it makes my car shake, along with everything else in it. at WOT it's amazing. sounds like you pissed it off. they were made by an exhaust shop that i ALWAYS go to. I made sure that when they welded them into place, that I could reach them without having to jack the car up. it's 3 bolts, 9/16s size, and that's it. I had them weld the bolts in, so all I had to do was take the 3 washer-thinga-mah-bobs off with a 9/16s deep socket and wala! Takes about 1-2 minutes each side. any more questions, feel free to ask.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Just get the maggy catback bro........it sounds good but not loud by any means, especially with the stock h.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Search my name and cut outs, I did it.

Dyno proven LOSS of hp and tq, NOISE-ONLY mod. Sounds like a race car, cost $400 + $75 install and make a leaking "tick" noise the whole time.

The only path to true knowledge is through wasted money.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
you paid 475 for cut outs? if that's the case, you were majorly ripped off. I suppose if they're electronic, then that's not so bad, but wow. I only gained 5 to 10 hp with the cutouts.

Trevor_00Ws6

O.R.A.N.G.E. A.R.M.Y
Established Member
Well it looks like Ill be going with the maggy catback then. I dont plan on changing anything other than the catback and a CAI until the warrenty is up.. I need to keep this car through college sooo...

Thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread