Anyone playing the new GoldenEye 007?

Kevins89notch

Established Member
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/12/1...t=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

"GoldenEye 007, the beloved N64 first-person shooter, has been recreated in high-definition glory by a team of dedicated fans over the course of 10 years. The mod, known as GoldenEye: Source, received its first update in more than three years this week. It's free to download and it features 25 recreated maps, 10 different multiplayer modes, and redesigned versions of the original game's 28 weapons. It was created using Valve's Source engine, the same set of tools used to create Counter Strike and Half-Life games. So it's a massive step up in both visuals and performance for one of the more drastically dated gaming masterpieces of the last 20 years."

TL;DR: Someone took the classic GoldenEye from N64, redid all the graphics, improved some gameplay a bit, and put it all online for free.

Here's a trailer video:

[video=youtube;-E4XtdEnWx4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E4XtdEnWx4[/video]

I played for 2-3 hours last night and felt like I was 12 years old again.

Here's a how to install it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/goldeneyes...can_someone_please_explain_like_im_5_without/

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Is this multiplayer only or does it also contain the single player story?

Multiplayer only. It has multiple options though, I assume set up by whoever controls the server. There's team bases where you can't harm your team members. There's capture the flag. There's everyone for themselves. Probably more too, I've just seen those so far.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
I just want to put proximity mines on all the ammo caches like I did as a kid. Running low on ammo? BOOM!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'll have to try it out, but do I have to use the keyboard/mouse controls?

Then again, I still have my N64 hooked up in the living room, so I can just play the original Goldeneye whenever I want :D

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Then again, I still have my N64 hooked up in the living room, so I can just play the original Goldeneye whenever I want :D

Do you have 30 other people in your living room, informing you or your love for men or the relations they had with your mother last night?

See....you're missing out! :)

sidewinderl

Established Member
GES has existed for years...this is just the latest build. It's weird seeing this pop up all over forums like it's some new thing...guess that explains the lack of active servers back when I last played it.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
so many late nights and missed classes due to that game

I still have my N64, but had to buy a used goldeneye off ebay as it was stolen in college :(

Users who are viewing this thread