anyone order HIDs from VVME

antiv6

Established Member
HID Kits

id go with those, they have slim ballasts and i think theres no shipping charge, plus they have great customer service

Last edited:

HID_Guy

Established Member
VVME.COM LLC Your Best HID KIT Supplier

cheap... expensive shipping... but I still save money...

thoughts....?

Or visit our site at HIDGuy.net ..... FREE Fast shipping, everything is in stock, Lifetime Warranty, Great Customer Service and becoming the #1 Distributor in the US ...... Re-selling to shops and dealers all over the US and Canada.

Sometimes saving 20-40 bucks makes a huge difference in quality and warranty, but with us you get the whole package and cheap.

Last edited:

BlownAway03

Established Member
Those slim ballast kits are awesome. They are literally about the same length and width as a credit card. They allow for much easier mounting. I picked up a set off Ebay for $69 shipped. Currently still working great. I think most of these kits are pretty much equal so why pay more?

antiv6

Established Member
ive had the expensive kits and the parts performed and looked identical. No matter what you get make sure it has the slim ballasts it makes install much easier.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Or visit our site at HIDGuy.net ..... FREE Fast shipping, everything is in stock, Lifetime Warranty, Great Customer Service and becoming the #1 Distributor in the US ...... Re-selling to shops and dealers all over the US and Canada.

Sometimes saving 20-40 bucks makes a huge difference in quality and warranty, but with us you get the whole package and cheap.

X2...great kits...I love mine...

SSSSIKH

I ♥ BOOST
Established Member
i've dealt with VVME in the past, great product, til this day no problems!! and not one blwon ballast or bulb yet! and you cant beat the price!

VincodeY

Established Member
I bought the cheap ebay kits for my fogs, and one ballast lasted maybe a few weeks. Opened it up and it had moisture inside. Just my .02. (of course you could prolly apply a bead of silicone before you install them to prevent this)

91foxbody

Established Member
i ordered both sets for my cobra from DDMTuning.com both sets for under $100 shipped! great product.

ive bought replacement bulbs at VVME since they are only $5 a pair, but shipping was 30 something for just the bulbs.

HID_Guy

Established Member
i ordered both sets for my cobra from DDMTuning.com both sets for under $100 shipped! great product.

ive bought replacement bulbs at VVME since they are only $5 a pair, but shipping was 30 something for just the bulbs.

DDM is pretty good, we used to deal DDM, but failure rate was higher, easier to Lifetime Warranty the Xentec HID kits, not all slim kits are the same, quality of electronics makes all the difference.

HID_Guy

Established Member

DDM is pretty good, we used to deal DDM, but failure rate was higher, easier to Lifetime Warranty the Xentec HID kits, not all slim kits are the same, quality of electronics makes all the difference.

Blownsob

Blown Member
Established Member
I have heard of very good things about HID Guy but I had vvme hids on my lightning for a year and as of right now 2.5 years because the guy I sold the truck to still uses them and has had no problems yet.

JymBart

Established Member
HidGuy

Without a doubt, .. HidGuy provides a quality product, also a phone number, and are located in the USA. Oscar is a first class guy who will answer the phone. Try getting all that from some of these "cheap" companies.

JymBart

91foxbody

Established Member
Without a doubt, .. HidGuy provides a quality product, also a phone number, and are located in the USA. Oscar is a first class guy who will answer the phone. Try getting all that from some of these "cheap" companies.

JymBart

i dont doubt that hidguy is a great site to buy from and has great customer service. but what concerns do you really need when ordering/paying for HID's that need to answered by a phone call? they are plug and play and easy as changing a bulb to install. so basically what im saying is why pay extra for the same product that will last just as long and do the same thing as an expensive kit, when these so called "cheap" companies offer quality products also?

JymBart

Established Member
i dont doubt that hidguy is a great site to buy from and has great customer service. but what concerns do you really need when ordering/paying for HID's that need to answered by a phone call? they are plug and play and easy as changing a bulb to install. so basically what im saying is why pay extra for the same product that will last just as long and do the same thing as an expensive kit, when these so called "cheap" companies offer quality products also?

Well, ....... I think I can speak from real experience on this one. I ordered a set of Hi/Lo Hid Headlights & Hid Fog Lights from Visionbulbs, ....... "plug & play", ... after the install the ballast started to make a clicking noise and the also the headlights and fog lights started to flicker, ... within moments my OEM wiring harness fried/melted along with the wiring harness from the light kits. After trying to make contact with Visionbulbs, which you could only do by e-mail, no phone number to call, ........... are you starting to get the picture? Do you know what a OEM wiring harness cost? VisionBulbs admitted they left out a resistor from my kit and would not pay for my damages or offer me a full refund. They only wanted to send the missing resistor. I went back and forth with them by e-mail for over three weeks, they finally stopped returning my e-mails. I finally had to get my credit card company to get my money back for the light kits. I also had to buy the new OEM wiring harness and the pay for the labor to replace the fried/melted one. So much for "the good cheap deal".

I do not think that HidGuy/Oscars light kits are overpriced, ............ and he's there to back up his products and answer any questions.

In the end it's your Cobra and your money, do what you think is right for you.

JymBart

Last edited:

91foxbody

Established Member
^ sorry to hear about your car and your luck with that company. for myself, ive bought HID's from stangmods for my old fox and they cost $200+ and ordered HI/LOW HID's and fogs for my cobra from DDMTuning at under $100 shipped for both kits. and from what i can see i get the same product from both companies but just one for cheaper.
no ive havent dealt with HID-guy and havent had any complaints from either so i have no room to judge on there customer service. so yea like you said, its your car do what you want. i just personally havent had any problems with these cheap companies thats why i recommend them.

Wit Performance

Established Member
^ sorry to hear about your car and your luck with that company. for myself, ive bought HID's from stangmods for my old fox and they cost $200+ and ordered HI/LOW HID's and fogs for my cobra from DDMTuning at under $100 shipped for both kits. and from what i can see i get the same product from both companies but just one for cheaper.
no ive havent dealt with HID-guy and havent had any complaints from either so i have no room to judge on there customer service. so yea like you said, its your car do what you want. i just personally havent had any problems with these cheap companies thats why i recommend them.

What Hid kit did you go with from DDM tuning I see the single 9007 kits priced at 70

TRBO VNM

I just got the vvme kit and installed it. I received it in less than a week from DHL. The ballasts aren't the smallest, but they do appear from the outside to be quality. I do need to reverse the power/ground to the ballasts because the hi/lo are reversed. other than that, it worked perfect and the hi/lo is fast at switching(bulb motorizes up/down).

I haven't driven or adjusted anything yet. I will over the next week once I finish my build.

I did have another kit that was just low before and was 6000K. the VVME I got is 4300K. I live in a location that streets are lit up at night and a lot of deer, so I really wanted something with a hi beam. I have the fogs still from the previous company and found because of those and how they were aimed, a lot of people would flash their lights at me. so I put the 3M tint film on and adjusted the fogs down a little and then nobody flashed their lights. the film will also act as a protective layer from the lenses breaking, but it did change the color unfortunately.

eventually I will go with a tru lamp assembly for HID's. But with the turbo build, I just don't have the money to buy a setup done right.

Users who are viewing this thread