Anyone Near Leonardtown, MD?

Secesh

Established Member
I'm interested in a car down there for sale. Hopefully I'll get some more information tonight. Just wondering if anyone has seen it or would like to? I'll probably have to fly down next weekend to take a look, then go back and pick it up. There's not squat up here in New England for sale.

TRBO VNM

yes, a couple of us do. I am in mechanicsville, about 15min from leonardtown and Ta2d1 is down this way as well and might be closer.

get me some info and we can set something up.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
We have another member, Jackers, that's in Leonardtown as well. Assuming it's a Cobra you're looking at one or more of these guys should be able to help you. Leonardtown is not exactly a big city.......

Secesh

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
yes, a couple of us do. I am in mechanicsville, about 15min from leonardtown and Ta2d1 is down this way as well and might be closer.

get me some info and we can set something up.

Thanks,

I found an 03 for sale & the guy lives in Leonardtown. I doubt he's in any of the clubs though. I'll talk to him some more and if it sounds good then i'll probably fly down next weekend & take a look. I'm not sure how far it is from BWI but i'm guessing it's further than a cab ride. If anyone's around and wants to help me go over the car, maybe we can meet up & get some lunch or something before I catch a flight back.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I live in Highesville, about 25 minutes from Leonardtown. BWI is a little over an hour from Leonardtown, depending on the time of day, traffic. Let us know and a few of us in the club can probably meet up with you to go over the car.

Todd

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I'm about 30 from there, maybe less if I haul down 234. It's definatly to far for a cab ride, and I dunno if you'll get there in an hour from BWI. Probably more like an hour and a half or more depending on what day, and what time you fly in.

National would be closer.....it's a shame that they don't have any "zip" cars at the metro stop in Branch Ave, or you could fly into National, ride the metro to branch avenue, and take the car to Leonardtown. But you can't so....

However, depending on what weekend you fly in, if you want to come into National and ride the metro to Branch Ave, you could probably talk one of us into picking you up there. I'm sure for the small cost of lunch someone would be willing to do it, plus it would save you some money(no cab, no rental, and the metro cost to get there is like 2.50).

Secesh

Established Member
RAWSN8K said:
I live in Highesville, about 25 minutes from Leonardtown. BWI is a little over an hour from Leonardtown, depending on the time of day, traffic. Let us know and a few of us in the club can probably meet up with you to go over the car.

Todd

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll let you know if I'm coming down. Given the distance i'll rent a car at the airport. Otherwise i'd need to have my mother pick me up and drive me over, and she'll be decked out head-to-toe in her Dale Earnhardt Jr. get-up. But that's a different story.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Secesh said:
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll let you know if I'm coming down. Given the distance i'll rent a car at the airport. Otherwise i'd need to have my mother pick me up and drive me over, and she'll be decked out head-to-toe in her Dale Earnhardt Jr. get-up. But that's a different story.

Sure you wouldn't rather bum a ride from someone that picked you up at the metro? The only potential problem there is a difference in the cost of the flight to National vs BWI, because I know BWI is generally cheeper(and has a much MUCH crappier security force).

Secesh

Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
Sure you wouldn't rather bum a ride from someone that picked you up at the metro? The only potential problem there is a difference in the cost of the flight to National vs BWI, because I know BWI is generally cheeper(and has a much MUCH crappier security force).

I don't think that it would matter to me. I don't know anything about the Metro or how close it is. Haven't checked any flights yet either.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Secesh said:
I don't think that it would matter to me. I don't know anything about the Metro or how close it is. Haven't checked any flights yet either.

Oh alright, if you don't care I guess it doesn't matter. The metro has a station that stops at Washington National, and it would cost you about 2.50 or so to get to branch ave at the end of the green line. That station is at the top of 301, about 50 minutes or so from leonardtown, but about a half an hour or so from Todd or I.

There is also DCA, so you have 3 airports to choose from in the area.

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
My grandmother lives in Leonardtown :lol: :lol:
Opps maybe i shouldn't be (*&^*_)U___+^(&* :burn: :loser: I do need to go down and see her .

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
BUNKY said:
My grandmother lives in Leonardtown :lol: :lol:
Opps maybe i shouldn't be (*&^*_)U___+^(&* :burn: :loser: I do need to go down and see her .

Hmmmmm....give me a minute while I search for the appropriate words to describe the situation....oh yeah....(nelson voice) HA HA. :poke:

TRBO VNM

if it is on the weekend I could come pick you up from the airport. I don't really care. can't do it during the week though. I can also help you out and take a look at the car.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
I'm about 10miles from the town of leonardtown but really don't know the area surrounding it real well, but i could check it out for you if you want.

Secesh

Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
Oh alright, if you don't care I guess it doesn't matter. The metro has a station that stops at Washington National, and it would cost you about 2.50 or so to get to branch ave at the end of the green line. That station is at the top of 301, about 50 minutes or so from leonardtown, but about a half an hour or so from Todd or I.

There is also DCA, so you have 3 airports to choose from in the area.

Well, I do care to a point. I got a quote for BWI, and one for DCA, triple the cost.

So DCA isn't Washington National? They all seem to have multiple names. Isn't Reagan on one of them?

Which ever one is easiest for you guys. I appreciate everything. Besides the guy who bought my last Cobra and his cousin, the owners up here really aren't all that helpful. Very clique-like.

So if the offers still stand, just tell me where to be and i'll see if I can get a flight to that airport. And if he sells it after I get my ticket or if it's not what's advertised, i'm really going to be pissed.

Thanks Again :bowdown:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Secesh said:
Well, I do care to a point. I got a quote for BWI, and one for DCA, triple the cost.

So DCA isn't Washington National? They all seem to have multiple names. Isn't Reagan on one of them?

Which ever one is easiest for you guys. I appreciate everything. Besides the guy who bought my last Cobra and his cousin, the owners up here really aren't all that helpful. Very clique-like.

So if the offers still stand, just tell me where to be and i'll see if I can get a flight to that airport. And if he sells it after I get my ticket or if it's not what's advertised, i'm really going to be pissed.

Thanks Again :bowdown:

Your right, my bad, Reagan(read washington) National airport is DCA I think. I forgot Dulles's letters then. BWI is usually the cheepest, and second quickest to get to for those of us down in the direction you want to go.

National is closer, but, BWI isn't a bad drive either. Just let us know when your comming....maybe more than one of us will meet you(in case your a crazy and try to knife someone :poke: ). jk. This almost sounds like an excuse for a so-md GTG :beer:

Do I sense hooters in the future?

Last edited:

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I think a Hooters GTG for lunch would definately be in order.

Btw, Reagan National= DCA, Batl-Wash Inter= BWI , and Dulles= IAD. I travel too much to know these trivial things.

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
RAWSN8K said:
I think a Hooters GTG for lunch would definately be in order.

Btw, Reagan National= DCA, Batl-Wash Inter= BWI , and Dulles= WAS. I travel too much to know these trivial things.

Apparently you don't travel enough to know that "real" travelers still call it Washington National, or if you want to be more correct, just "National". :poke:

I almost always fly out of National or BWI, I never use Dulles. BWI's security lines take frickin' forever though. Most of my travel is just a quick flight up to Provedence though..

Secesh

Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
I almost always fly out of National or BWI, I never use Dulles. BWI's security lines take frickin' forever though. Most of my travel is just a quick flight up to Provedence though..

You fly up to Rhode Island? Ever stay over weekends? If so there's a great indoor Karting place south of Boston. It's a lot of fun when you get a group together. So we'll have to go.

Unless something shows up with CarFax it looks like i'll be coming down next Saturday (18th). I can't get a flight into Washington, only BWI.

Depending on if anything is sold out I can get down there at 9:40, 10:25 or 11:40.
Leaving I can catch a 6:15, 7:55 or 8:55.

I know you guys said BWI was out of the way so I don't mind renting a car and meeting somewhere. I also don't mind hanging out around the airport for awhile if needed, coming or going.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Sounds like we definately have to have lunch at the Hooters in Waldorf. So who's up for it? Let's get a list going....I'll start it:
RAWSN8K
Secesh
TRBOVNM
FISHTAIL

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread