Anyone lactose intolerant?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Well, it looks as if father time is winning. Recently came to the conclusion that after over 30 years as a dairy consumer, Ive become lactose intolerant.

Been having off and on again issues with my bowels for the last few years. Really odd, random diarrhea and painful bowel cramps. Even had a colonoscopy at 33 to check for any bad issues in my colon. Im high risk as my mother passed away form intestinal cancer and my father had a precancerous mass removed from his colon a few years ago. Thankfully aside from some irritation the doctor noticed, nothing of significance.

Ive been late getting out of bed a few times in the last 2 weeks, unable to make my usual morning coffee. They've stopped carrying half and half at work for employees so Ive been using Coffemate in my morning cup. Lowe and behold, I had zero bowel issues. Finally got my ass out of bed early enough last week to make coffee with my 1/2 and 1/2 and by 11 am I was on the shitter something fierce. Finally clicked, my word... Im intolerant of lactose. Damn it!

So, aside from lactase pills prior to dairy consumption and lactose free dairy, how have ye of lactose intolerance been fairing? Have you cut out dairy completely or use the lactase pills?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Well, it looks as if father time is winning. Recently came to the conclusion that after over 30 years as a dairy consumer, Ive become lactose intolerant.

Been having off and on again issues with my bowels for the last few years. Really odd, random diarrhea and painful bowel cramps. Even had a colonoscopy at 33 to check for any bad issues in my colon. Im high risk as my mother passed away form intestinal cancer and my father had a precancerous mass removed from his colon a few years ago. Thankfully aside from some irritation the doctor noticed, nothing of significance.

Ive been late getting out of bed a few times in the last 2 weeks, unable to make my usual morning coffee. They've stopped carrying half and half at work for employees so Ive been using Coffemate in my morning cup. Lowe and behold, I had zero bowel issues. Finally got my ass out of bed early enough last week to make coffee with my 1/2 and 1/2 and by 11 am I was on the shitter something fierce. Finally clicked, my word... Im intolerant of lactose. Damn it!

So, aside from lactase pills prior to dairy consumption and lactose free dairy, how have ye of lactose intolerance been fairing? Have you cut out dairy completely or use the lactase pills?
My son was getting stomach aches after drinking dairy products. Switched to Lactaid whole milk and lactose free ice cream. He is much better. Hell I like the lactose free milk better than regular. It tastes closer to fresh squeezed milk than the pasturized stuff.

evil clown assault

Stanger00

Established Member
try almond milk. just...make sure you inspect it if its opened more than 3 days

My wife uses 7 day rule with her almond milk. I switch between cows 2% milk and unsweetened natural almond milk.

No more ice cream for you on those cool summer days, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Window

Woodward ave Hellcat killer
Established Member
Yogurt before and after eating dairy products will provide the lactase for digestion that your body does not produce.
Sharp Cheddar is digestable but soft white cheese like mozzarella is not.
Ranch dressing is the devil. Ice cream is the devil. Foosball is the devil.
When your body is full of dairy products the gut pains are from hydrochloric acid that your system pours on in place of the necessary lactase. Then flames shoot out of your muffler like a honda with a two step.
IMHO

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
No more ice cream for you on those cool summer days, haha

lol, yeah it looks that way. Unless this experiment with the Lactaid pills works... or I say to hell with it and suffer mud butt to enjoy that sweet nectar of the dessert gods!

Yogurt before and after eating dairy products will provide the lactase for digestion that your body does not produce.
Sharp Cheddar is digestable but soft white cheese like mozzarella is not.
Ranch dressing is the devil. Ice cream is the devil. Foosball is the devil.
When your body is full of dairy products the gut pains are from hydrochloric acid that your system pours on in place of the necessary lactase. Then flames shoot out of your muffler like a honda with a two step.
IMHO
100% accurate about the flames from a Honda 2 step... lordy. I honestly thought I had IBS but cutting out dairy for those 2 days was an eye opener. Or closer however you look at it.

I appreciate your input sir!

GodStang

Established Member
I remember the day I found out I was lactose intolerant... I was 10 or so playing outfield at baseball practice. Drank a big think of milk before going to practice. Had to sprint to the tiny creepy bathroom where I destroyed it.

So I have been 28 years or so of having the issues. It's about watching what you eat/drink. I switched to Soy milk as a teenager and then on to Almond milk. I still drink Lactose Free protein drinks but on vanilla as they do the best for my stomach. Chocolate anything is one of the worse for my stomach.

CV355

_
Established Member
Chocolate anything is one of the worse for my stomach.

Chocolate is usually at the top of every "foods you shouldn't eat if you have ______ " lists. Man I love the stuff but even a little bit would cause heartburn from the depths of hell that were previously only reserved for Diane Feinstein.

As for lack-toast intolerance... I've thought about it myself. I get bloated any time I have dairy products, but my wife cooks with a lot of dairy products. Her cooking is so damn good... :(

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
my wife has this issue too, shes uses some of the almond creamers for her coffee

We havent had any issues with the Silk unsweetened vanilla going bad.

goats milk/cheese doesn't have lactose in it either

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Lactase just takes the edge off for me

I can eat sharp cheddars, and mozz, but other cheeses tear me up, ice is a no go, not even a spoon full lol

I didn't start having issues until my late 20s

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
How much dairy do you consume? Quite often someone who consumes too much dairy and feels irregularity or intolerance can be regulated by cutting back and suck.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
This is how it starts.

First, you can't drink milk, so you substitute almond milk, etc.

Next thing you know, you're a full blown soy boy wearing pink knit hats, plucking your eyebrows and organizing feminist rallies.

Don't let it happen man!

Coiled03

Established Member
My latest blood work said I'm mildly intolerant. But then, my doctor told me almost everyone's blood work says that. So, not sure.

*shrug*

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I've suspected I'm mildly intolerant for a while. Since I've cut way back on giant glasses of chocolate milk before bed and cheese on everything, my bowels seem to be a little more normal.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
How much dairy do you consume? Quite often someone who consumes too much dairy and feels irregularity or intolerance can be regulated by cutting back and suck.
Fairly regular dairy eater. But by far my biggest "cant go without" is 1/2 and 1/2 for my coffee.

Cereal is something I could get lactose free milk for. I enjoy eating it, but its more because its convenient for a quick breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread