Anyone know where to get 93 octane in Cedar Rapids?

CobraSoze

SPTZ VNM
Established Member
Just moved to Cedar Rapids, and noticed 91 as standard for premium. I'm assuming there are still places to get 93...anyone know where?

zeus201

Established Member
If there are any Kum and Go's in that area I'd check those out because I know some of them do carry 93.

MachGT

parts, parts, gimme parts
Established Member
I'd get it tuned for 91, you are going to have a hard time finding 93 octane in most of iowa

matsarge

Established Member
I'd get it tuned for 91, you are going to have a hard time finding 93 octane in most of iowa

I agree, I got my Vette tuned for 91 for because it is next to impossible to find anything above 91 or 92. Try a BP station if you have one there, the ones in the Des Moines do carry 92.

CobraSoze

SPTZ VNM
Established Member
I'd rather invest in TORCO for every tank then de-tune my car for 91.

It's not a daily driver, so I suppose that's the route I'll take until I find a station(s) that carry 93.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
There is one place that I'd recommend and thats al's bp on corner of johnson ave and edgewood. he has good 93... I live right down the street btw, pm me sometime, like to see the car. I work 2nd shift though. Al's bp is where all the normal hot street cars go to get 93. Then sperrys has/had 103 unleaded street blaze if u need to add octane for some reason. I know the spots etc. most the ppl around town. Been known to beat on my car a lil. To give u a idea of the gas quality I run a 2.9 w slightly modified rwtd tune and some n2o on the 93. On strictly pulley tune it was 23 deg. w a 11.7/1 a/f. I cut timing slightly w n2o.

Last edited:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I'd say this gas is good, real good for 93. Many old skool guys w hi compression are using it in their restomods. Al claims it tests 94 all the time.

Btw as far as I know there are about 8 or so term in town. Hard to keep track any more. Several pretty quick lsx's, a few t buicks, a evo that will be nasty, already seen it, a monster. Bunch of fox bodies. Then there's the awd dsm crowd w t eclipse and talons. We can always use another 03 person, I'm friends w most the street ppl. Ya we do things late mostly on fri and the next day. There's a car show on thurs early evening used to be real good not so good anymore but still around. It was at advance auto at 16th and williams. Of course there's the restomods etc. Just thought I'd give u a idea of whats around hidden mostly but there. H and W speed shop has recently opened, brian havlik is a great person. There is a new superflow dyno in center point (black widow diesel) owned by brian bunting. He's big into turbo diesels. http://shop.blackwidowdiesel.com/main.sc

Last edited:

CobraSoze

SPTZ VNM
Established Member
I'd say this gas is good, real good for 93. Many old skool guys w hi compression are using it in their restomods. Al claims it tests 94 all the time.

Btw as far as I know there are about 8 or so term in town. Hard to keep track any more. Several pretty quick lsx's, a few t buicks, a evo that will be nasty, already seen it, a monster. Bunch of fox bodies. Then there's the awd dsm crowd w t eclipse and talons. We can always use another 03 person, I'm friends w most the street ppl. Ya we do things late mostly on fri and the next day. There's a car show on thurs early evening used to be real good not so good anymore but still around. It was at advance auto at 16th and williams. Of course there's the restomods etc. Just thought I'd give u a idea of whats around hidden mostly but there. H and W speed shop has recently opened, brian havlik is a great person. There is a new superflow dyno in center point (black widow diesel) owned by brian bunting. He's big into turbo diesels. http://shop.blackwidowdiesel.com/main.sc

Thanks for the info...I'll be going to Al's to fill up this weekend!

We'll definitely have to hook up!

Users who are viewing this thread