Anyone know what springs these are?

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
I removed these from my 97 GT since I was pulling out the rear end anyways. I had the car lowered awhile ago but I couldn't find anything when I googled these springs. I was thinking about de-4x4ing the Cobra with these. Any help would be appreciated:beer:
E5SC-5560-AA
45690A

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
Ford springs of some sort. I pulled this up online:

'5560' is the basic part number for 'Spring' in the Ford parts catalog. -AA is the revision.

'E5SC' is the parts prefix for a 1985 "E5" spring. "SC" generally indicates what car line ("S, which isn't "Mustang") ... not sure what it was originally used in. And "C" indicates what group designed the part. (Guessing "C" is 'car', but I've seen a variety of letters in this position).

I didn't originally guess this as a Ford part number because you posted it like you see it on the tag, instead of all on one line like you'd normally write it: E5SC-5560-AA.

TRBO VNM

well, the AA would lead me to believe they are a ford part number, I would have said eibach at first if it didn't have the part number on it.

give ford a call tomorrow and ask.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Yeah, I would have said Eibach right off the bat if nobody had mentioned Ford. I agree with Mike that they are old Ford C-springs.

Looky what I found with a quick search...

http://veryuseful.com/InvisionBoard/index.php?showtopic=10

Ford "B" and "C" part numbers:
M-5300-B
MOF E5SC-5310-KA (front)
E5SC-5560-AA (rear)

M-5300-C
SAD E4BC-5310-AA (front)
MIB E5SC-5560-AA (rear)

2001/2002 Bullitt
Front: 1R3Z-5310-CA
Rear: 1R3Z-5560-AA

2003 Mach 1
Front: 3R3Z-5310-CA
Rear: 3R3Z-5560-AA

Last edited:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
So I'm guessing these would have to be Ford lowering springs. Otherwise, how would the car have been lowered.

Go grab a Corded dremel with reinforced cutting blades and I'll walk you through it!! :poke:

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Go grab a hack saw and I'll walk you through it!! :poke:

Have fun with that. I tried a hacksaw and got about 1 mm into the spring before the teeth were gone. Battery dremel got about 1/3 the way through before the battery died. Corded dremel with reinforced cutting blades worked like a charm lol.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Have fun with that. I tried a hacksaw and got about 1 mm into the spring before the teeth were gone. Battery dremel got about 1/3 the way through before the battery died. Corded dremel with reinforced cutting blades worked like a charm lol.

Edited for posterity!!

Red Devil

Village Idiot
Established Member
So I guess I'll throw these on the cobra to bring her down a notch. I'd prefer H&Rs but the GT was slammed and looked and handled great so hopefully the Cobra will fare as well(plus they're free). And sorry Tim, but the lower control arms are spoken for.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
^ You can have my broke back stockers when I replace them if ya want :D

Users who are viewing this thread