Anyone know this car/gearheads shop near Dallas

98cobradan

Established Member
I have used GearHeads alot for my performance needs, My friends as well, Have not had any bad out of them...
My Longblock is actually getting built by them at this time...This is the 2nd engine I've had them build for me, NOT the same car though, First one was for a 96 Cobra back in 2010, and this 1 is for my 03 Cobra I purchased to flip.
He did a tune on my 96 with a vortech, then swapped to a D1, then added nitrous, Did all of that with the stock fuel system too! Put down good numbers and drove it that way several years! Travis and his crew there know their shit...
He's tuned multiple friends cars, and also did some cam install and heads as wellong for friends...
Again GearHeads is the only shop I use, and I live close to 2.5hrs away! And I never mind making that drive to get my car worked on with them because they are all down to earth peeps too...
My friends nor I personally have ever had issues with their work..I would not be afraid of anything they have built, As long as there is invoices to prove they did the work the seller mentioned.
Good luck!
Cool thanks man, thanks that's what I was wanting to here. Someone who has used the shop and had good experience. I've emailed gearheads and the dealer about any addiction motor build reciepts/paper work but nobody has returned my emails.

4stang6

Established Member
They are closed on Monday just a quick FYI, But i would call instead of Email.I heard the other day the gentleman that was at the front desk had to be let go for undisclosed reasons of course to the public, So they might fall a little behind on responses i would think

98cobradan

Established Member
They are closed on Monday just a quick FYI, But i would call instead of Email.I heard the other day the gentleman that was at the front desk had to be let go for undisclosed reasons of course to the public, So they might fall a little behind on responses i would think
Thanks I will call, but the emails were sent over a week ago.

Stage 4.6

Established Member

I called them in the past and received a quick response.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Seems solid, but definitely do the research suggested. Compression check and air fuel check are basically a must on any forced induction car. Appears to be built well, but you never really know without checking.
Hopefully it checks out and you can pick it up. I'd definitely get some better rubber on it though ;)

98cobradan

Established Member
Well car is a no go, I called the dealer. He was very knowledgeable about the car and where it came from. He did say it had been checked over by gearheads and had one cylinder low in compression. If they sold into me for $20k I'd do it, then just have it rebuilt lol

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Well car is a no go, I called the dealer. He was very knowledgeable about the car and where it came from. He did say it had been checked over by gearheads and had one cylinder low in compression. If they sold into me for $20k I'd do it, then just have it rebuilt lol

I'd keep an eye on the forums in the market section for one that catches your eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread