Anyone Know the Answer to This ???

ToplessMystic

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Established Member
Question about stock 03/04 Cobras

My 04 Cobra came with the pony(mustang) grill emblem. I have heard others say their car came stock with the Cobra grill emblem. I thought they all came with the pony emblem. My question is did all 03/04 Cobras come stock with the pony grill emblem or did Ford change from pony to snake or snake to pony sometime during production.

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I'm pretty sure they all came new with the pony emblem. Who knows, maybe a few people requested a cobra grill emblem from the dealer at the time of purchase.

ToplessMystic

Established Member
G03SVT said:
I thought they all came with the pony up front, could be wrong though.

I did too, but I have heard other people say differently so that is why I was asking. :shrug:

TRBO VNM

no, they all come with the pony from the ford plant. however, some dealers have switched them out before and some don't. most don't.

ToplessMystic

Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
I'm pretty sure they all came new with the pony emblem. Who knows, maybe a few people requested a cobra grill emblem from the dealer at the time of purchase.

What did yours have on it ( the 03) when you got it, I forgot? Not that it matters cuz the previous owner could of changed it if it was a snake.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
My '03 had the pony, as has every other Cobra I've ever seen where the owner did not change out the front emblem. I am about 99% positive that the '03/'04s came with the pony emblem from the factory because in the brochure, it has a picture of the front of one and it has the pony :beer:

Hissssnsvt

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
ToplessMystic said:
What did yours have on it ( the 03) when you got it, I forgot? Not that it matters cuz the previous owner could of changed it if it was a snake.

The '03 still had the pony, still have it in a box somewhere...

You thinking about getting the snake emblem or do you like the pony?

ToplessMystic

Established Member
Hissssnsvt said:
The '03 still had the pony, still have it in a box somewhere...

You thinking about getting the snake emblem or do you like the pony?

Yes I want to get the snake emblem......I don't like the pony on them, doesn't look right imo.....lol

apache

Established Member
funny, mine came with a Snake but I did buy it used. The thing is, the previous owner had made NO modifications to it. Maybe Jason's theory about certain dealers swapping them out has some validity?

ToplessMystic

Established Member
apache said:
funny, mine came with a Snake but I did buy it used. The thing is, the previous owner had made NO modifications to it. Maybe Jason's theory about certain dealers swapping them out has some validity?

Could be. :shrug: I thought they all came with the pony but recently I heard someone say theirs came stock with a cobra so I was just curious if anyone had the real answer as to how they all came from the factory.

dkscobra2003

Flying For A Living
Established Member
All 03/04 Cobras were Manufactured with the Mustang Emblem on front. There are no special editions with just the Snake. Until now, with the Shelby in '07. Family and Friends in the SVT/Ford HQ/Exec.Mgt. :thumbsup:

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
dksCobra2003 is correct. The 03 and 04 Cobras came from the factory with a "pony". There were no factory options of a Cobra emblem.

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
I know I am not an 03/04 owner, but even mine came with a pony. I also switched mine for the snake but I can't remember where I got it from. It should be easy to find. :rockon:

Denice (oops, sorry I posted under the wrong name)

Users who are viewing this thread