Anyone know how to tune out EGR and still pass E-Check

_XXX_

Established Member
I grew up in Mi. and we don't have Echecks so I cannot transfer my registration over to Ohio until I can pass emissions. My worry is that the computer will throw a code telling them the Egr isn't functioning properly (since it isn't there).... they don't physically check under the hood they just hook it up to their computer. I have been told that you can tune it out however I don't really have any clue as to how? Ne1 had to deal with this issue b4?

Ohio=:kaboom:
8 Counties out of the whole state E-check and I had to move 2 one.....

LSUstang05

Established Member
It is definitely possible that you can tune out the EGR so that it doesn't throw a code when driving. Amazon could do this for you or any local tuner should be able to as well.

DjKush

Established Member
If you own a Tuner/programmer you can do this by turning it off on the options. But I do not however know if you will pass. No codes will be thrown though. Diablosport predator is what I use.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If you own a Tuner/programmer you can do this by turning it off on the options. But I do not however know if you will pass. No codes will be thrown though. Diablosport predator is what I use.

That's correct.:beer: You will def fail a visual inspection if they know what they're looking for.

_XXX_

Established Member
I know they won't visually inspect I took my 97 Camaro and they just hooked it into the computer they didn't even use the sniffer on the tail pipe.... But I think you answered my question... I'm pretty sure they are checking for error codes... So if I can remove that with the a handheld tuner then I hopefully their tester won't bring up any errors.

If anyone in Oh. has ever done this .... Don't be shy lol.... thanks guys

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Check your state's website for emissions criteria, if a visual isn't required just remove the stuff and turn it off in the tune. No worries.

LSUstang05

Established Member
Make sure to drive a few "cycles" so that the computer doesn't show that it has been accessed recently. If they get a code that says it's been accessed, they will either fail you or tell you to come back later (that code usually signals clearing a code which is why they tell you that).

SVT Physicist

Fellow Believer in Ford
Established Member
Make sure to drive a few "cycles" so that the computer doesn't show that it has been accessed recently. If they get a code that says it's been accessed, they will either fail you or tell you to come back later (that code usually signals clearing a code which is why they tell you that).

Or could also tune out (turn off) the P1000 Check Not Monitor as well and not worry about driving it for sometime. The P1000 does not throw a light, but remains for "some" amount of time or cycles till it disappears.:banana:

Blaine@PSI

Established Member
i dont know about Ohio but in Texas around Houston and dallas you can only have 2 N/A before failing. this is in emmision tested areas of texas. N/A means not accessable which is what turning the rear O2's off and EGR off will do. No visual inspection here only hooked up to a state computer that reads everything off of the ECM. so again make sure beforehand because also here if you fail you still have to pay 44.50.....

Users who are viewing this thread