Anyone installed a redesigned Mishimoto rad?

EB85

Established Member
Yeah, yeah, I know, this is like my 3rd rad thread in as many weeks but direct answers seem to be hard to come by regarding this. I have essentially struck out across the board on finding an OEM between eBay, Craigslist, here, elsewhere, so on. It seems to come down to a Mishimoto, a smaller GT rad, a gigantic Fluidyne or one of the couple Summit and Jegs options. Obviously, the Mishi is the most tested but fitment still seems hit or miss. Has anyone done one, say, within the last year or so? Any fitment issues or cracked tanks to speak of? Some people say they had to either tweak the ABS mounting or clearance the fan housing. Considering it's only plastic ribs on the side of the fan it seems to be a better option than moving something that affects your brakes. Anyone with some info, lemme know. Thanks, Guys.:read:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I remember seeing one that looked EXACTLY like ours on amazon. key word being "looked like" lol.

it was about $450 though.

I will see if I can find it on there. it had the aluminum tanks and said it was cobra compatible.

EB85

Established Member

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member

Trenton_Brock

Established Member
Whats the difference between this one and the other one you posted? I'm needing a new radiator also, and I'm doing a lot of research and its making my head hurt.

EB85

Established Member
Whats the difference between this one and the other one you posted? I'm needing a new radiator also, and I'm doing a lot of research and its making my head hurt.

Two different vendors but both look like the same product. The Vista Pro is supposedly the only aftermarket replacement that is shown to have the Cobra specific side brackets and be aluminum instead of the plastic GT radiator.

EB85

Established Member
Ok. Looking to get a radiator and cant decide if I want to get a Mishimoto or a stock replacement.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but a true, OEM Cobra radiator no longer exists. If you go into a parts store and order one you'll get a thinner, plastic GT radiator. At this point, your options are Mishimoto, Fluidyne, Ron Davis or eBay/classifieds for a used one. And used ones are drying up. I got SUPER lucky and picked up a used over the weekend from a guy on FB. Otherwise, I would have gone with the Mishi and their rubber mounts since it seems to be the only one that kinda drops right in.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but a true, OEM Cobra radiator no longer exists. If you go into a parts store and order one you'll get a thinner, plastic GT radiator. At this point, your options are Mishimoto, Fluidyne, Ron Davis or eBay/classifieds for a used one. And used ones are drying up. I got SUPER lucky and picked up a used over the weekend from a guy on FB. Otherwise, I would have gone with the Mishi and their rubber mounts since it seems to be the only one that kinda drops right in.

so that vista pro 438202 on amazon doesn't look like it will be an option?

Last edited:

EB85

Established Member
so that vista pro 438202 on amazon doesn't look like it will be an option?

That, actually, SHOULD be good to go. It's shown to have the correct brackets and I was told it is all aluminum. The difference is it's a single row versus the OEM 2 row but I always reference this:

As an alternative, I thought I found a company that makes an "OEM replacement", but it turns out they are in the bankruptcy process as of late 2014 - that stinks! Since most parts-store listings are all the plastic-tank versions for the SOHC Mustangs, this one made by Vista Pro Automotive under their "Ready-Rad" line looked to be a nice alternative, especially since it actually is all aluminum. It was once available as their part number 438202, so there could be some out there if you search hard enough. The thumbnail image contains the dimensions, which appear to be identical to the Ford version, so that at least makes for a good reference. I did also notice they list it as a single-row, but according to their brochure, the "internal technology" makes it transfer heat more efficiently than a standard two-row. Who knows, maybe this would function just as well if not better than the one in the Terminator. That could make it a great score if any still exist.

http://terminator-cobra.com/cooling.htm#Radiator

Users who are viewing this thread