Anyone install a clutch without dowel pins?

Stock Motor

Established Member
Curious if anyone has had luck installing a clutch without dowel pins? Installed a Centerforce DFX last week along with a Fidanza flywheel and there is a vibration that wasn't there before. Specifically in the high rpm's (6000-7500). This is actually a Coyote motor in a fox body with an 03-04 Cobra T56.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
i had difficulty installing the dowel pins on my fidanza alum fw a few months ago, and was toying with that very idea, but everything i read said not to do it.

i needed to take it to a shop to have them installed.

serper3

Established Member
i had difficulty installing the dowel pins on my fidanza alum fw a few months ago, and was toying with that very idea, but everything i read said not to do it.

i needed to take it to a shop to have them installed.

i just used the supplied lube and tapped the first one in slowly/gently. good thing i checked, because even slightly tapping on it, it mushroomed the pin so the adapter plate for the rxt barely slipped on. for the other 2, i used a block of wood so i wasnt tapping on the peg directly.

i am curious though why you have an issue... if you are missing all three of them... should be even weight missing unless they are balanced SO meticulously that the weight of the dowel protruding from the flywheel affects the balance across the width?:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread