Anyone in the Gadsden, AL area?

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
I have a potential job at a major company in the area and am trying to get a feel from my fellow Lightning owners (aka people as crazy as me) on how the area is as far as living in. Let me know

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I'm around 75 miles away, but people in Bama are just as crazy. Trust me. Just be prepared for good friendly folks who are redneck and consider that to be a compliment. At least we get out and work. My situation is I work at Mercedes-Benz making M-Classes and GL's. The place is one of the major employers in central part of the state, and generally one of the higher paying jobs for someone without a degree. I hope you take the job, we need a few more L's in the state. The cost of living isn't to bad, you will have to mail order most of your parts from Lfp, Summit or Jeg's. The local stores have general stuff but nothing special for our trucks other than oil and filters. As the weather goes, it has only snowed once in the last 10 years and it wasn't more than a couple of inches. It was gone by that evening. Tint laws are 30% and depending on your new leo as to where they enforce it. Most of the state is wet[alcohol] but they are a couple of counties that are dry. I pretty sure you're safe in that area though. If you fly down for a visit you will come into Birmingham airport and will probably be 45 mins from Gadsden. You won't be far from Talladega and I highly reccommend a visit. The place is huge and is fun to see a race at. You will roughly be 250 miles from the beach [Gulf Shores], if that interest you and about the same or more to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, Tenn. I know it sounds like I'm selling you a used car but this place is pretty good for being out from the big city stuff but close enough to get to one. Atlanta will probably be 1 1/2 hours away from there. You knida in a good in between spot. I live 30 min. [35 miles] below Tuscaloosa. One last thing you'l have to declare Alabama or Auburn when you cross the stateline. JK.

1s9v9t3

Established Member
Declare for Auburn. Im down in Mobile. Yalladega is am awesome place to go see a race at. A buddy of mine, his dad builds replica cobras in Gadsden. Ill ask him if he knows of any car meets and such. You will love Alabama. I came from Texas to go to Auburn and absolutely love the state.

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
I ws already born and raised war eagle and have family there, the oppertunity is actually with the goodyear plant in gadsen...come in on the ground level of a 200,000 sq ft expansion

TallOkie

Guess Im a Vette guy now
Established Member
well I have been out of school for about 3 years and have been doing project / mechanical engineering...so getting experience like that would be great...early salary numbers are 55K to 60K a year

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I'd offer to help you move but that's a little more than I can handle. I'll offer to help you unload if you take the job. I know your are an Auburn fan but I'll help anyway as long as I don't have to help raise their flag or something. You can't be all that bad, you do drive a Ford and it's a Lightning. Down here football teams and the badge on the front of your truck mean more than who your kin too.

my98stang46

Established Member
I live about 6 hours away, down in mobile. I like it here, theres no snow to make me park my truck for 5 months a year

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
I'm in Tuscaloosa. 2 hours or so from there. Been around there plenty, going to Steele raceway. The owners of the track come to where I work (Speedtech Nitrous) all the time. Decent 1/4 mile track. Anywho, good luck with the job. Maybe they won't hold the auburn thing against you. Roll Tide! Lol

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
oh no not another alburn fan. Dothan here. good ass place to live. like said above, rednecks, fishing, hunting, and football.

Users who are viewing this thread