Anyone in the area want to evict these people

RDEL

Established Member
http://www.wfla.com/story/25297909/soldier-says-strangers-broke-into-his-home-and-wont-leave

As quoted from source above-
NEW PORT RICHEY, FL (WFLA) - When soldier Michael Sharkey was deployed to Afghanistan two years ago, he asked a friend to watch over his New Port Richey house. Sharkey and his wife are now living in Hawaii where he is currently stationed. They plan to move back into their New Port Richey home someday. But, right now they are fighting to get their house back.
They say strangers broke in, changed the locks, moved in and they refuse to leave.
"I want the people out," said Sharkey. "They're criminals living in my house."
Sharkey was shocked to find out that the Pasco County Sheriff's Office says it can't do anything about the squatters.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Umm yeah, a few armed individuals nred to go over there and give them a hand moving their stuff. And then get some security over there to protect the place for some time longer.

hoamskilet

Established Member
Uh yeah, I'd be getting ahold of a few of my buddies and taking care of the situation myself if the cops didn't wanna do anything about it

oldmodman

Established Member
Any cash strapped bikers anywhere around that area?

Problem solved.

And I doubt if anyone will ever even look for the bodies.:-D

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Florida has castle doctrine right? Since this guy is the homeowner can't he use deadly force if they threaten him or started an altercation during an eviction? If it did come down to someone getting shot or seriously hurt I'd say it's completely the police and the state of Florida's fault. If the guy has no proof of a contract except a claim of a handshake and verbal agreement then I say screw him and the cops should handle the matter.

Coiled03

Established Member
What am I missing? I assume this guy is paying the mortgage for this house, right? How the hell can people just move in to a house somebody else is paying for, and there's nothing that can be done?

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I don't see how they couldn't be evicted either.

In this case, I would think you could just go get a Forced Entry and Detainer and then I'd get a money judgement on top of that for damages and unpaid rent.

If I remember correctly, according to law, where a lease agreement does no exist, there is some legalese about the Tenant bring required to pay fair market rent.

So, since this was a squatter, obviously there's no lease, but I'd turn around and sue them for 2 years of unpaid rent, cleaning fees, damage, etc. They probably don't have shit to their name, though.

Posted via Topify on Android

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
He will have to pony up for a lawyer, sad to say. There were some illegals that took over a mansion in Miami I think? They had to use trickery to get them out. If he gets back from deployment and gets violent, he would be the one in trouble. ****ed up.

B0B

Established Member
break into the house, shoot them, then call the cops and say the squatters broke into your house. Forced entry, check. Lethal force, check. problem solved.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
If you read the full article, the squatters claim there was a verbal argument in place with the people who are supposed to be watching the house. Of course it's BS and those squatters need to be curb stomped for screwing over a member of our military.

scott_0

Established Member
yeah there are some whack ass ****ed up laws in place that protect losers like these people smh

o2gt

Established Member
I think he will get them out. i believe this guy is trying to set up a claim for adverse possession, it think thats why he is claiming to be fixing it up. the owner will sue he for trespass and get him out. it is bs i sure hope he gets he court cost back and damages. he should not have to go threw this, but the truth is every state to my knowledge has adverse possession, you just have to be careful.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Happens here in Maryland all the time.

Police won't touch it because it's a civil matter and not criminal unless the "tenant" is living there in breach of a court order. Up until you have that order however, they can pretty much do as they please. At least that's what we have been told by the City, County and State Police Department.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
video said they couldn't turn on the water and were using buckets. i'd ask buddies to be tipping buckets of water. eventually they'll need some, but all of their buckets would be upside down.

when they leave to get more.. change the locks.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
What am I missing? I assume this guy is paying the mortgage for this house, right? How the hell can people just move in to a house somebody else is paying for, and there's nothing that can be done?

Unfortunately, at least here in Maryland that doesn't mean anything.

A property owner that is a friend of my father went through the same type of deal with some mountain ground he owned. He had purchased the property through written sale from an old man. When the old man died his son came trying to get as much of the estate as possible. To make a long story short, there, at least at that time, was a $20 document you could file at the court house to contest a deed which of course the son did. So when our friend went to put up no trespassing signs on his property, the son had begun selling of logging rights to the ground. Our friend called the Sheriffs department, who responded and told him there was nothing they could do because it's a civil matter. Until the court issued an order one way or the other, the son was technically allowed to do anything he wanted with the property as if he were the owner, even though our friend had paid years of taxes on the property.

In the end, it took 6 months to get everything squared away through the court system. By that time the son had already contracted loggers and roughly a third of the ground had been logged, I'm talking scorched earth style. Only thing that our friend could do was file another civil case against the son, which he won for damages and got a judgement. But when the person you're going after doesn't have anything, you never recoup your costs, let alone the original judgement amount.

Users who are viewing this thread