Anyone here own a Tesla?

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I can't comment on reliability, but I did see a Model 3 at the drag strip a few weeks ago rip off 11.7's and 11.8's and that was impressive to me.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
One of my friends just sold his Model S. I think it was a model 80 or something like that.

The front interior was smaller than my 2012 mustang. Fit and finish was poor compared to other vehicles in this class. Sure, the giant screen was nice but the seats sucked. I think my new Ram has a nicer interior. The C7Z 3LZ interior is significantly nicer than his Tesla was.

As far as range, he can't make a round trip drive from Denver to Breckenridge without stopping at Starbucks for 30+ minutes on the way home to top off his battery. IMO that's really inconvenient. The last thing I want to be doing after a full day of skiing is to sit for over a half an hour at Starbucks on the way home when all I want to do is get home and go to sleep.

Waiting on the Taycan or the eTron to put Tesla out of it's misery. Musk really needs to bring in a new CEO with experience running a car manufacturer. Sure, he's a visionary but Tesla is well beyond that stage now.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I've never driven one, but I'll say my opinion of them did change the first time I rode in one, met the dude at a party and he took me for a spin.

It was certainly quiet and for being a non-P model, really fast.

I brought up some concerns with range and he said he starts off every morning with a full tank (300 miles or whatever). He said if they ever needed to go on a road trip without access to superchargers, they would just take his wife's car but in the 2 years they owned it they had never had an issue with range.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I've driven them and a few of my friends own them. Lots of reliability issues. Maybe get on the tesla forum to get the truth. Also, there business is nothing more than a bubble. Without assistance they are going under AND it might happen sooner than anyone expects. Don't take my word for it...a quick google search will show you that the company is on borrowed time. Elon is already in trouble with the SEC for possible contempt. Check out the link below...it really does sound like a circus over there!

2019 was supposed to be easy for Tesla, but now it's a circus

scott_0

Established Member
Exactly. The cars are meh, but what really turns me off to Tesla is Musk being a world class prick.

this 100% **** that arrogant prick, if I wanna drive electric cars, I'll get my 1/10 scale rc cars out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
This thread is hilarious for so many reasons.

OP if you like the car get it. I'm pretty sure if you don't like it you won't have a problem geting rid of it.

CLN 6R

Established Member
C6825E57-8CD5-4769-BBB5-D662A8B27AFB.jpeg
I picked up a LR AWD Model 3 this past Saturday.

I like it so far.

_Snake_

Established Member
So, no tesla owners then?

I’ll give an honest review if i end up picking one up for a daily beater.

There’s a former Audi S6 owner on another forum who just sold his car for a Model 3. He loves it. Went to the track and was ripping consistent 11.2’s. He also said the car handles incredibly well.

I came close to getting one, so I’d definitely be interested in your thoughts if you pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread