Anyone here own a Tesla?

VenomVeins

Established Member
After spending nearly a week housesitting for a friend while he’s out of the country, i got to spend significant time rolling around in his Model S Tesla, and holee shit am i impressed.

Fit and finish are top notch, seats are comfy as hell, and the tech blows the ****ing doors off of any other sled on the road.

Another thing that blows the doors off other cars? The speed. **** me, that thing is a ROCKET.

Now, i will miss the sw00t rumble of a V8, but the silence and incredible sound system (im an audiophile and its DAMN GOOD) make up for it somewhat.

All in all, im very impressed and intrigued after not giving a **** about tesla before this.

So lets hear it-who owns one and what am i missing here? Looks like it could be my next purchase.

SirShaun

Established Member
The interior is boring. I like twisty turny things, buttons in the dash and stuff.

I do not like cars where interior is just an awkwardly mounted tablet in the dash. I see a lot of asian automakers going this route, and its just lazy and boring.

VenomVeins

Established Member
The interior is boring. I like twisty turny things, buttons in the dash and stuff.

I do not like cars where interior is just an awkwardly mounted tablet in the dash. I see a lot of asian automakers going this route, and its just lazy and boring.
I liked the minimalist interior more than i thought i would-i found it to be a refreshing change from all the bullshit buttons and knobs ive had my entire car owning life.

No matter how you slice it, It’s a badass machine. It literally changed my opinion on Tesla.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I liked the minimalist interior more than i thought i would-i found it to be a refreshing change from all the bullshit buttons and knobs ive had my entire car owning life.

No matter how you slice it, It’s a badass machine. It literally changed my opinion on Tesla.
For a guy that hates CA you sure seem to want to buys cars thar are purpose built for ca.

bullitt2735

Established Member
Fit and finish are top
incredible sound system (im an audiophile and its DAMN

Agree with all your points except these two. Fit in finish are absolute trash for the class it competes in, i've been in many different model S versions and they still have a long long way to go to compete with the germans on fit and finish. Audio system was very meh to me both the standard and optional. Electric is for sure the future and their cars are and absolute riot in a straight line below 80mph. I think they make such good daily/commuter cars that I even waited in line for hours and put down a deposit on a model 3 a few years ago but decided to back out because I really want a gen v viper. (I know I'm nuts one is an efficient electric daily and the other is a 8.4liter dino burning v10 lol)

bullitt2735

Established Member
Respectfully disagree. It would literally be the first sled out of 30+ cars i DIDNT rip the entire stock system out. That speaks volumes.

Weird that's the first thing I thought I would do if I got it. I guess I've been commpletely spoiled the last few years by my audio frog set up lol

VenomVeins

Established Member
Maybe you havent been in anything better then.
By all means, enlighten me.

I’ve been in a plethora of Mercedes, Audi’s, BMW’s, Caddy’s, Bentley’s, Aston Martins, and, most recently, a 2018 McClaren.

I work at a 5 star 5 diamond resort and have mutiple friends who are members that i text and talk with daily as well as party, house sit, fish with, ect.

The Tesla is pretty ****ing sick. Period.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
By all means, enlighten me.

I’ve been in a plethora of Mercedes, Audi’s, BMW’s, Caddy’s, Bentley’s, Aston Martins, and, most recently, a 2018 McClaren.

I work at a 5 star 5 diamond resort and have mutiple friends who are members that i text and talk with daily as well as party, house sit, fish with, ect.

The Tesla is pretty ****ing sick. Period.

Im starting to think you haven't really driven other options.

Glad you to see you are easily impressed. Make it your next car.

nxhappy

Established Member
I owned Tesla stock. Then I got smart and sold it LOL. I have not been inside one. I bet it is nice. I am old school though. I gotta hear that bitch rumble. Gotta grab that fun stick and slam her into 4th. I REALLY hope gas cars take a long time to weed out. I can't take all this new technology LOL. And yes I am jealous that they are fast. My buddy wants one reaallll bad.

VenomVeins

Established Member
Im starting to think you haven't really driven other options.

Glad you to see you are easily impressed. Make it your next car.
Ok, i’ll bite.

What other options would you consider overall “better” for my 35k budget? (It would be a used vehicle)

A quick search yielded many examples that had fully transferrable ‘free charges for life’, home charging station as well as lower mileage and still under warranty.

The gas savings and speed alone has my full attention. The self driving tech (hell, ALL OF THE TECH) is nuts.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Another thing that blows the doors off other cars? The speed. **** me, that thing is a ROCKET.

You lost me here. Don't confuse quick from the hole with fast overall. Otherwise I agree, something like a Tesla P100D would make an absolutely incredible daily driver!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Ok, i’ll bite.

What other options would you consider overall “better” for my 35k budget? (It would be a used vehicle)

A quick search yielded many examples that had fully transferrable ‘free charges for life’, home charging station as well as lower mileage and still under warranty.

The gas savings and speed alone has my full attention. The self driving tech (hell, ALL OF THE TECH) is nuts.
Many examples with all the extra shit to go with them. Ever ask yourself why people are dumping them?

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Many examples with all the extra shit to go with them. Ever ask yourself why people are dumping them?

Not only that but a 200 mile range is anything but range in the likes of middle America. So until fast charging (10 minutes or less) is as prevalent as gas stations (one on every corner) Electric outside of cities is at a dead end.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
I’m old school. I will never own one. I don’t care about tech. I don’t care about the stereo. I’m in it to drive it, not to be distracted by it. And I don’t like that others can’t hear me coming.

Every time I see one coming at me I think it looks like a cheaply made kids’ power wheels. That solid plastic nose with no openings is hideous.

Plus, Musk is a social moron.

Users who are viewing this thread