Anyone Here Ever see a Chiropractor?

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I've had some pretty bad back issues recently and my doctor has been useless so far (exams, x-rays, etc...).

I've had two people I work with tell me that it really helped them, but I've heard that it's a big rip off and that Chiropractors are a bunch of quacks.

Does any one here have any advice when seeing a Chiropractor? Is it worth the $$$?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Yup, been seeing mine since early 00's about every other month now.

Beat the hell out of the orthopedic surgeon saying the only way to fix it is bolting your spine into place and limiting your mobility even more.

Was seeing my chiro every other day for a few months then once a week then down to every other week then to once a month and now just whenever i feel by back is tweaked ill go in for an adjustment.

Ive never had the amount of mobility in spinal/neck movement as I do today. It was bad, I could barely get 45* left or right movement from my neck, bending over I couldnt look down. I couldnt lay flat on anything or my back would spasm.

Inb4 all the naysayers.

Stinger2011

Established Member
Right after Hurricane Katrina, I took a job cleaning up yards. I f'd my back up real bad trying to lift a huge ass log with this tall, fat guy. I was small and skinny. Ever since then my back's gone out a few times and given me problems. Never been to a chiropractor, so i'll probably pay for it when i'm older.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
there was a thread on this recently if you do a search.

basically, depends on what your actual problem is and the quality of the chiropractor. I go to one of the non snap-crackle-pop variety and am happy with it

tophand

Established Member
I do, regularly. Its really great. You'd be surprised how good you feel after.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
there was a thread on this recently if you do a search.

basically, depends on what your actual problem is and the quality of the chiropractor. I go to one of the non snap-crackle-pop variety and am happy with it

I did a search for Chiropractor in this forum and got the standard "Sorry, no matches for your search" message. I'd be interested to read that tread though.

I think I'm going to go for a consult next week and then a follow up after that. It's going to run me $200 for both appointments as my insurance doesn't cover it, which wouldn't be a problem if it weren't Demember.

I hurt my (Upper)back in 2003 putting a bike rack onto a car and then again (lower back) a month ago lifting a Mustang hood from the ground by myself. I really think the soft seat in my Jeep to the route cause.

Thanks for the input guys. Keeo it coming.

007snake

mechanical music
Established Member
I did a search for Chiropractor in this forum and got the standard "Sorry, no matches for your search" message. I'd be interested to read that tread though.

I think I'm going to go for a consult next week and then a follow up after that. It's going to run me $200 for both appointments as my insurance doesn't cover it, which wouldn't be a problem if it weren't Demember.

I hurt my (Upper)back in 2003 putting a bike rack onto a car and then again (lower back) a month ago lifting a Mustang hood from the ground by myself. I really think the soft seat in my Jeep to the route cause.

Thanks for the input guys. Keeo it coming.

I went to a chiropractor when I lived in Austin TX, I had a ranger truck and it turned out to be the angle of the seat/clutch action, once I sold the truck, no more pinched nerve, chiropractor called it. I go when my back is in pain now every once in a while, it is great! I also purchased a XP Micro device in Vegas, $100, it is the electric impulses the doc uses before the alignments and it is awesome.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I go to the Chiropractor college down the road, they treat military for free. Sure you are being practiced on by interns, but the guy I've been going to was referred to me by one of our pilots. He hasn't paralyzed me yet!

eclipsemustang

Established Member
I'm a little biased because my dad is a chiropractor, But I get adjustments for even the small things like headaches and they almost always help.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Back when I was in my twenty's I hurt my back moving a heavy whirlpool tub. I decided to see a chiropractor. I too thought it was hocus pocus medicine. Boy was I wrong. It helped me tremendously.

Shokker88

Established Member
I've been having back problems for years. Doctor couldn't find anything wrong with my spine so he sent me to a physical therapist. All my problems were because of a lack of stretching and a weak core. I'm not at 100% yet but I no longer have to take pain killers daily. I was skeptical of everything at first but I'm a believer now.

AznStanger3v

King of the LOL
Established Member
had back issues for a while now from combat sports. went to the chiro for the first time about a week and a half ago. the moment he finished the adjustments, i was a new man. i recommend everyone go and try it one time.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
had back issues for a while now from combat sports. went to the chiro for the first time about a week and a half ago. the moment he finished the adjustments, i was a new man. i recommend everyone go and try it one time.

lol nice, thats how I feel like every adjustment. Like walking on air coming out of that room.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have been to chiropractors and found that you can get temporary relief but not permanent relief. That's why many/most will try to get you to come in weekly, or some other interval. My last chiropractor saw me weekly over a period of about 3 months (paid for my an insurance company so I went the prescribed times) but honestly I didn't see much, if any, improvement with a lower back issue from an accident. It was sad to see entire families with their kids there every week. It was called preventative treatment. IMO a good, practical exercise/diet system will do much more long term. And physical therapists make a lot more sense, especially those trained to treat sports injuries.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been having back problems for years. Doctor couldn't find anything wrong with my spine so he sent me to a physical therapist. All my problems were because of a lack of stretching and a weak core. I'm not at 100% yet but I no longer have to take pain killers daily. I was skeptical of everything at first but I'm a believer now.

Most people will never take that advice my friend. I had a bulging disk and suffice it to say, large amounts of slow methodical stretching combined with a good workout fixed it all for me. Your core muscles are so important for keeping the spine aligned.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread