Anyone here a Marauder modder???

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
crispy23c said:
Just checking. What kinds of modifications have been most successful, what's the most radical (street) mod you've seen/done?

There are a number of Marauders that have been supercharged. To date, exactly 100 of them have been equipped with Trilogy/Eaton roots superchargers. Approxamately 50 or 60 Marauders have been equipped with centrifugal superchagers (which includes the Kenny Brown Marauders).

Ofcourse many Marauders have had gear changes (mostly 4.10 gears with the most radical gear ratio being 4.56 which is used by myself). Many have also had higher stall speeds with aftermarket torque converters installed (the most common stall speed being 3,000 RPM's, and with a number of centrifugal equipped Marauder owners choosing a 3,500 RPM stall speed).

Widened back wheels have also been done (9.5" width) for using P305/45/18 Nitto drag radials, and a number of brake upgrades have been performed too which includes 14" Baer rotors in front. many exhaust upgrades have been done including Kooks long tube headers, and 2.5" diameter muffler pipes.

The most radical Marauders are two Trilogy/Eaton roots supercharger equipped ones that also have Nitrous oxide injection, both of which run 11.2 and 11.4 ET's respectively, and one centrifugal equipped Marauder that's also nitrous equipped which has run 11.6 ET's so far. Those three Marauders are the most radical so far, although there are several that are right on their heels running very high 11's with only superchargers alone, and very low 12's are also run by several Marauders that are also supercharged, and w/out nitrous oxide (my car being one of them).

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
TooManyFords said:
I must be the Bastart Child! I've got a ProCharger and Nitrous too Billy!

Grin!

Huzzah!

John
I did have you in mind John, but I haven't heard anything yet about what ET's you're running with your car, so I kinda felt that the verdict is still out on that. But I didn't mean to leave you out.

Since the original question of this thread was about "street" cars, I also want to add something to my last post in order to keep the answer that I gave relavent to his question, and that is the following......

Keep in mind that all the 11 second Marauders and even some of the 12 second ones have obtained their maximum power levels as well as the 11 second ET's that were turned with them using a race gas engine tune along with the use of 100+ octane race gas instead of true street gas. However, I know for certain that there are atleast some low 12 second Marauders that have never been run with anyything but 93 octane pump gas alone both on the street as well as at the dragstrip. And the reason that I know that is simply because my Marauder is one of them, and in addition to only using 93 octane street gas, I also use my car for the daily commute to work and back 12 months out of the year. Everyone has a different opinion or definition of what a true "street" car really is, but that's what mine is. A car that doesn't have a roll cage, and is run on nothing but pump gas that can be bought at any gas station in atleast 47 or 48 states.

Last edited:

DJP

Established Member
crispy23c said:
Just checking. What kinds of modifications have been most successful, what's the most radical (street) mod you've seen/done?

Well, I think the most popular (successful) mods would be chip, gears, and exhaust.

It depends how far you want to go, and what your preference is. On the radical side, just check TMAC, BILLYGMAN, MARAUDERTJA, TooManyFords and others. These guys are supercharged and represent, what i like to call, the 2% of the
2%ter's. :rockon:

Last edited:

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Aside from adding the blower which is the biggest power adder, the PI 3000 stall TQ converter, a set of 4:10 gears, custom tuning, and some exhaust work even without changing out the stock mufflers back seem to be great mods to the car.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
DJP said:
Well, I think the most popular (successful) mods would be chip, gears, and exhaust.

It depends how far you want to go, and what your preference is. On the radical side, just check TMAC, BILLYGMAN, MARAUDERTJA, TooManyFords and others. These guys are supercharged and represent, what i like to call, the 2% of the
2%ter's. :rockon:

I have to throw Cobra25's name into the mix also. He does'nt pipe up much, but his car has the same mods I do with a Trilogy blower on it coupled with Diablo custom tuning. His car is right up there with the fastest Marauders around no question :pepper:

DJP

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
I have to throw Cobra25's name into the mix also. He does'nt pipe up much, but his car has the same mods I do with a Trilogy blower on it coupled with Diablo custom tuning. His car is right up there with the fastest Marauders around no question :pepper:

Yeah, there quite a few supercharged MM'ers out there. I think someone came out with a figure of 160 or so, but don't quote me. Kudo's to each and every one of them. :D

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Hey, thanks alot for the info, guys! You see, my story goes like this:
I'm first on the list (no dealer mark-up, no deposit--39 other people behind me) for a GT 500 at my local dealership (Boston area). That's all good & fine...believe me, I am very excited. BUT I keep hearing of dealers who are changing their minds.....adding $10k mark up..or more. :fm:

Anyway....I was thinking of a fall-back position if the Shelby doesn't work out for me. Maybe picking up a Marauder....maybe throwing a blower on it. :burnout: So I just wanted to see who's doing what with what mods so I can research this a little further. Please keep the info coming, I really appreciate it. You guys rock!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

edit: I just went to the Trilogy Motorsports website....impressive stuff!!!

Last edited:

DJP

Established Member
crispy23c said:
Hey, thanks alot for the info, guys! You see, my story goes like this:
I'm first on the list (no dealer mark-up, no deposit--39 other people behind me) for a GT 500 at my local dealership (Boston area). That's all good & fine...believe me, I am very excited. BUT I keep hearing of dealers who are changing their minds.....adding $10k mark up..or more. :fm:

Anyway....I was thinking of a fall-back position if the Shelby doesn't work out for me. Maybe picking up a Marauder....maybe throwing a blower on it. :burnout: So I just wanted to see who's doing what with what mods so I can research this a little further. Please keep the info coming, I really appreciate it. You guys rock!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

edit: I just went to the Trilogy Motorsports website....impressive stuff!!!

Those Shelby's are sweet. I'll tell you, if I had not bought the Marauder, I'd be number 2 on the list. Good Luck.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
PROCHARGORIZED! Tastes great plus is less filling!

1229gm.jpg
[/IMG]

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Mr. Wraith.....very nice!

Have you thought about purchasing a chrome OEM alternator? It would fit in nicely. I have been thinking of it myself!

Users who are viewing this thread