Anyone heard of speed cameras?

LogiWorld123

Established Member
oklahoma turnpike authority sent me a ticket not to long ago. said i was on a turnpike at 3 am running thru a toll booth.

upon closer inspection, gee the guy mailing the tickets was either drunk or not able to determine that a 98 contour with a plate that starts with an L is not hte same as a ~92 buick with a plate that starts with a 1.

Cant wait to take this one to court :)

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
You shouldnt even have to go to court. You should be able to call them and tell them of the blatant discrepancy!

Of never mind, arguing is your hobby. Have a nice time :D

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
You shouldnt even have to go to court. You should be able to call them and tell them of the blatant discrepancy!

Of never mind, arguing is your hobby. Have a nice time :D

Yeah that's the easy way of doing things. I'd rather get the guy who sent the ticket to court and show him the glaring differences in the vehicles and tags.

See if i cant get the scanner working and show you this...its unbelievable

GreyAsp

Established Member
Originally posted by VenemousShadow
I think Ive heard of them being used in the Phoenix area on a trial basis, but I could be wrong about that

Nope, there are dozens of them here. And it's not a trial basis... there are more every week. They're in unmanned vans on the side of the road, near some highway underpasses and integrated into the red-light-running cameras at traffic lights. They're popping up in a lot of different places but large congregations are in Paradise Valley, Scottsdale, Mesa and Chandler... coincidently, some of the highest-income areas of the Phoenix metropolitan area (where they don't even need the extra revenue).:cuss:

Beware!

Jeff

sn8kbit

Established Member
They are definately used in the Phoenix area...I see them about 3 times a week on my way to work...especially in Scottsdale, AZ...we also have cameras posted on the traffic lights...so if you run a red one you are tagged. We are the "fatality" capitol of the US when it comes to red light runners...no one with a brain just "goes" when the light turns green around here....
:nonono: :eek:

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
we have lots of those camera vans parked randomly around Phx / Scottsdale AZ. I think they are there mostly just to get people to slow down... not necessarily to hunt for speeders and to give tickets... when a driver sees it on the side of the road, everyone slows to the speed limit... then 100 yards later they floor it again.. not sure how effective it is.

Also we have lots of traffic light cameras around here at intersections for people running red/yellow lights. The cameras also take pics if you go speeding theough a green light too fast. These cameras are very accurate. My friends have had a few and each time they thought they would not get a good pic of them.. but each time there were multiple angel shots clearly showing their faces (sometimes with them singing to a song in the car).. lol

Users who are viewing this thread