Anyone have vids of cobra vs supra?

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by electrikoptik
If your racing this 900whp beast then low down torque won't really help you, as soon as it hits second gear it's over.

So we went from BPU/single turbo Supras to a 900 hp Skyline? Of course a car with DOUBLE the hp of a BPU Cobra is going to beat it. What's your point? Wonder what a 900 rwhp roots blown car would do to that Skyline... I think there's probably a reason why Top Fuel dragsters and Funny cars run roots-style blowers.

JRock

Established Member
If your racing this 900whp beast then low down torque won't really help you, as soon as it hits second gear it's over.

Skyline R33 GT-R dynograph
http://www.sp-power.com/images/projectcars/GTR/GTR900.jpg[IMG] [/B][/QUOTE]

It also helps to have about 2.5k more revs than a cobra, bro.

LittleSalfromSH

Established Member
i will have to retract the offer for the supra... after the fuel management was installed the tune was all ****ed up and i think he detonated the motor...

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
electric - your still missing the point. Watch the video you posted again, first of all. . .that cobra wasn't making 508rwhp, that guy is running an upper and lower pulley. . .therefore, his eaton gets heatsoaked very quickly. So for daily driving I would say that the guy in the video (sambandit) was probably around 460rwhp, against the 600rwhp supra.

Now.. .. go and watch ROUND TWO. . .do you see how every time the supra shifts he drops back??????? That is exactly what I am talking about, the 03cobra has much more of a usuable power band. The supra may have 600rwhp, but thats only the peak number, everytime he shifts, his rpms drop back and he starts all over. . . go watch it again. . round two. . .the supra goes through a few gears and doesn't even pull on him with over 100 more rwhp. . .but then he shuts down early.

Every time the cobra's shifts he doesn't lose any ground because he is making full boost instantly.

And why the heck are you posting a 900rwhp skyline dyno sheet? Don't you know that the only cars that will race him are other 900rwhp cars? Don't make me post a 900rwhp Viper dyno sheet. . .because he will have the same peak numbers, but a TON more power down low. . .WHICH IS WHAT YOU NEED IN A RACE, THIS IS NOT FAST AND FURIOUS RACING

Last edited:

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
Yeah man you are right. Sorry for the dynosheet from Skyline, there was no point in that, but somebody did ask if I've seen a turbo dyno sheet and I just happend to have that one. I post the video because this thread is if anybody has videos of cobra vs supra, not to start a war on wich car is better.

Last edited:

electrikoptik

Get to the choppa!
Established Member
I'm still understanding the Cobra and want to learn as much as possible, I don't want to start a war of supra vs cobra or something.

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Yo man, my point is that both cars are great and whoever has the most money in it will win.

No, that was never your point. You were trying to say that Cobras are worthless after 1st gear. Quite the opposite. These things pull like crazy on the top end because of the flat torque curves.

I'm still understanding the Cobra and want to learn as much as possible, I don't want to start a war of supra vs cobra or something.

Well if you didn't intend to start a flame war, why did you come in and start spouting off about how Supras destroy Cobras when you don't know squat about either car? I respect Supras. They have a lot of potential. Hell, I looked into buying a used one a couple years ago (and probably would have if guys didn't want $35k for a used car with 60k miles). I just hate the "Supras are GOD" mentality. Sorry, but they're not. Neither are Cobras. Truth is, though, that Supras do need a lot more power to run with a Cobra because of bad turbo lag and short powerbands. A BPU Supra and a Cobra with a catback or CAI are just about a dead even match. I know because I raced a local BPU Supra in my '03 when it only had a Bassani catback. We were dead even over 140 mph (from a 40 roll) even though his car made 46 more rwhp on the SAME dyno. He was as surprised as I was. He is also kind of a buddy of mine and he was really cool after the race even though I could tell he was a little disappointed. I just wish I saw that more often. No, instead ricers just want to play ignorant and say things like "Cobras will NEVER run with Supras." If you don't have anything intelligent to contribute, then you might as well keep your mouth shut.

jasil

Established Member
I'm waiting for the Cobra turbo kits too or some 2.4 numbers with stage III cams. Everyone can say what they want but if you just go by internet population there are many more Supra's trapping 130mph++++ than 03/04 cobras.

I hoping we will see some 650-700rwhp out of the KB 2.4 soon.

Last edited:

SynMan5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by jasil
Everyone can say what they want but if you just go by internet population there are many more Supra's trapping 130mph++++ than 03/04 cobras.

Probably because Supras have been around for 10 years now and Cobras have only been around a couple. There are a couple 9 second stock motored Cobras already. One thing is for sure, though. Both cars have great potential with only bolt on mods.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Yeah you can't make that argument. If you look at it that way, I guess the 03 cobra is faster then the Enzo Ferrari because there are 03 cobra's in the 9's and 10's and an Enzo hasn't gone down the 1/4 yet. . .

jasil

Established Member
Huh? Was that directed towards me?

If you go do a search on T04R.com & Supraforums.com and all of the videos out there I'm just saying that there are many Supra's trapping 140mph+.

There are 2 strictly cars in the 9's@140 too and in time there will be a = if not greater number of cobra's pulling those traps and they will be much more streetable, but that time has not come yet.

ib6-ub9

Established Member
You guys are talking about supras that have serious internal work and lots of boost from turbos. These cobras are putting down 500/490 with the STOCK power adder thats is fairly inefficient and STOCK internals, no headwork or cams. all of teh 600 to 650rwhp kenne bell cars are just boost. JDM has an eaton car at 600rwhp because it has cams, 90rwhp of just cams!. Mod for mod supras dont compare power wise(no replacement for displacement), the dohc v8 is a stout FI motor. In time there will be more insane cobras once there are more internal modifications and bigger and better power adders. But basic bolt ons and a ported blower = 500rwhp, nuff said. Now i have great respect for supras but to say they dominate the new cobras is just plain ignorance:rollseyes

Last edited:

jasil

Established Member
I'm not saying supra's dominate cobras, but there are more 7oorwhp supras than 03' cobras I can guarantee you that. How long that will last I don't know ultimately 03's will reign.

If you did a little research you would retract your last statement about "internal" work. The baddest supra's around have cams, headwork, intake, but take a mid sized single kit, exhaust, fuel control, intercooler, and you now have a 550rwhp pump gas supra. Throw in race gas 700rwhp and up isn't too hard.

The drivability of a cobra will be better, but for ultimate max hp the supra is winner just because it's been out for so long.

Just think they have 3 full interior street legal insured supra's with Auto's running sub 9.60's@148 and up.

Once turbo kits start coming out the cobra will be AWESOME. 1000rwhp here we come.

Turbo Cobra

Fast Family Car
Established Member
Originally posted by jasil
I'm not saying supra's dominate cobras, but there are more 7oorwhp supras than 03' cobras I can guarantee you that. How long that will last I don't know ultimately 03's will reign.

If you did a little research you would retract your last statement about "internal" work. The baddest supra's around have cams, headwork, intake, but take a mid sized single kit, exhaust, fuel control, intercooler, and you now have a 550rwhp pump gas supra. Throw in race gas 700rwhp and up isn't too hard.

The drivability of a cobra will be better, but for ultimate max hp the supra is winner just because it's been out for so long.

Just think they have 3 full interior street legal insured supra's with Auto's running sub 9.60's@148 and up.

Once turbo kits start coming out the cobra will be AWESOME. 1000rwhp here we come.

1. More 700hp supra's, yes! there are more supras than cobra,
Supra - 93-98 | Cobra - 03-04 - ;-)

2.Yes, when they get into the 9's most have internal work, with the exception of a few. Dude, a KB Cobra has 600hp on pump, figure out th numbers on race gas ;-) and its easier to hit 700 hp, now with the Turbo kit from X2C and the SC from Procharger. Both with 19 psi or less making 700 hp.

3. if i recall right the 9sec cobras out now all have full interior and its only wut 2 years old!!!! with around the same numbers

4. The kit is already made or about done, Terminator owners X2C has a t-78, and a t-88 coming out t-78 good for up to around the mid to high 700 hp range and the t-88 from 800 and 1000 or beyond;-) if the setup and tuning is right:rolling:

jasil

Established Member
I know cobra's are awesome that's why I bought one. All I'm saying is that right now there are more faster Supras out there..that's it nothing more.

I personally don't care much about pump numbers anyway since I don't street race as long as the tune is safe and reliable. At the track is where I need the power.

Jay and Josh both run 9's@140 on race gas a little juice/kb. There are supras that will do the same.

Bottom line is if you take the fastest street driven 03'/04' cobra vs the fastest street driven supra and compare E.T's and Traps the supra win's both. As time progresses more and more cobra's will be in the 9's....

To4r.com
Wotm.com
Supraforums.com
Soundperformance.com

etc etc.

jasil

Established Member
Elector,

No, there are 2 03' cobra's running the level 5 IRS running in the 9's.

Most supra's in the 9's are running a version of the TH400, but there calling it a million different names in other words a automatic. Very Very few 6spds run in the 9's.

You also have to remember that the 6spd cars running 9's are using 1500$ clutches that aren't lasting 50 passes. The streetability of these huge turboed cars is very poor...no matter what 800rwhp supra guy will tell you drivability sucks.

I would strongly recomend you go drive on or ride in one. I rode in a 690rwhp T-88 supra 6spd..granted they have much better choices out now... and from a roll it was very very fast. From anything under 60mph it was a slug. He let me drive it and you would press the gas and just wait and then all of sudden the thing would spool and be all over the road.

We raced a bolt on C-5..a friend..from 20-130 and we didn't catch him. The lag was unreal..you could literally count the seconds it took to spool and then it would spin..shift...wait to spool..spin..shift and in 3rd it started hooking pretty good and we started to catch him, but he was already 6-7 lengths ahead and we were 1 car behind at the end. From a roll it would have not even been a race.

For day to day driving forced induction large displacement motors are much more fun. I love supra's but I'll take a 700rwhp-775rwhp cobra any day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread