Anyone have vids of cobra vs supra?

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Hey... ive been seeing an abundance of supras owning the crap out of the 03 cobras... does anyone have any videos of a cobra owning a supra? I mean, a BPU cobra vs BPU supra... the cobra should edge the supra out by a little right? Ive seen the video of the silver 03 vs the black BPU MK4... thats what prompted me to get my current ride now! haha... Now does anyone have more vids? please share! thanks

Cal

Established Member
There was one on here that I have, but I dont remember what the topic was and I dont have anywhere to host it for ya (I knew those hosting links would have come in handy some day but nooooo).

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
The reason you see the supra's beating the cobra's is because all the videos being posted are single turbo supra's vs BPU cobra's. So its pretty obvious when you take a 600+rwhp car vs a 450rwhp car which is also heavier. But, actually the BPU cobra's don't do too bad against the single turbo supra's.

I raced a single turbo supra. The guy wouldn't say much about his car, but he said he put down a little over 500rwhp on 15psi, but he was running 20psi when we raced. I am not even putting down 500rwhp, we started at 40mph and it took him until 120mph to catch me. When we stopped at 140 and he was about a half a car a head, it was a pretty good race.

There was a video posted of a cobra with exhuast only, racing a BPU supra, the cobra won, but they were almost even the whole way. What I want to see is some single turbo supra's against a KB cobra making 600+rwhp. That should make a great video :rockon:

01MustangGT

CHP 5.1L Stroker & KB
Established Member
dude, Supra is hand built by God. Nothing can beat it. Supra is the end of performance in this world.

BTW, i believe i have a vid of the Saleen that beat the crap out of the T66 Supra with liscense plate said something like, too late i won.

let me look for that vid then post it here

Graves

Established Member
Originally posted by 01MustangGT
dude, Supra is hand built by God. Nothing can beat it. Supra is the end of performance in this world.

No,no,no... You've got it all wrong.
LS1's were hand built by God and nothing can ever beat them because they are sick.
:dw:
:rollseyes

Turbo Cobra

Fast Family Car
Established Member
Saying that the supra is the fastest car bla bla bla is toatally ignorant any car with lots of money put into it can be the fastest do you know how old Supras are they have many many many more aftermarket part than that of the cobra but when you think about it , it take a 550rwhp supra or more to beat a bpu cobra hmmm makes ya think doesnt it. there are like 1 or 2 or at www.mustangforums.com

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
do a search and you will find a few. There is one of Killabyte racing a T88 supra and an LS1 from a stop, and he beats them both. It was a basic pullied cobra vs. a T88 supra, with DR's and an automatic with 4000 stall converter. I couldn't find it on this site, but it was made by 98 snake eater, and I think all the vids are stored on fuelslut.com

It's the first time I've ever seen a single turbo supra race from a stop. No wonder they always race from a roll.

qbeanjoe

Banned
I have a couple......
And I will post them by tonight....
Oh yeah, I have a friend who has a hks turbo with 1000 at the crank.....
He's pretty fast, I'll show the vid of him and a REAL 351...... from Saleen.

One of the greatest races in history.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
Originally posted by Turbo Cobra
Saying that the supra is the fastest car bla bla bla is toatally ignorant any car with lots of money put into it can be the fastest do you know how old Supras are they have many many many more aftermarket part than that of the cobra but when you think about it , it take a 550rwhp supra or more to beat a bpu cobra hmmm makes ya think doesnt it. there are like 1 or 2 or at www.mustangforums.com

i think they are joking, point being supras are no doubt a sick car, as is a cobra. no one is debating a cobra with mods can beat a supra. there really isnt a point to your post is what im trying to get at....;-)
JD

Turbo Cobra

Fast Family Car
Established Member
We need more turbo cobra just an opinion, they are beast's :burnout:

Last edited:

Turbo Cobra

Fast Family Car
Established Member
Originally posted by terrible one
i think they are joking, point being supras are no doubt a sick car, as is a cobra. no one is debating a cobra with mods can beat a supra. there really isnt a point to your post is what im trying to get at....;-)
JD

Just incase anyone needed enlightment :idea: or a refreshed memory :??: ;-)

David

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
well if u ever watch the videos the only reasons supras are beating corba's is top end cause i've seen numerous cobra's gettin beat by supras an only reason is supra top out at around 180 or more and cobra's are like 160 and muscle car can take a highway car at the tracks but on the highways supras win because they top out higher. and non turbo supra's weight about 115 lbs more then a mustang.....3405lbs-Mustang, 3515 Supra

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
if anyone from jersey has a KB/whipple/turbo cobra that wants to race a mid 11 second supra let me know.
LittleSal, mid 11's? Cobra's with the stock eaton supercharger can run mid 11's. If the supra is in the mid 11's he is probably BPU, thats not hard for an 03 cobra to beat at all. A properly tuned KB cobra will run 10's.

hmmmidunno - :nonono: You couldn't be more wrong. Go back and read my first post. THE SUPRA'S YOU SEE ARE PUSHING 600+RWHP, THE COBRA'S WERE ONLY MAKING 450RWHP. . . . Take a 450rwhp supra, and a 450rwhp 03cobra and the cobra will almost always win. The cobra just has too much instant torque, the supra needs more HP to catch up to the cobra. Now, take a 600+rwhp cobra, and it will get to 180 just like the supra. . trust me. A 450rwhp cobra can go past 170mph.

Oh, and for the record. . .the 03 cobra is 3665 WITHOUT driver, so the cobra is heavier then the supra.

svtfangs

Established Member
i knew a guy that ran 11.6 in a 98 cobra with no power adders at all or no internal work to his motor just bolt ons and some suspention work hahaha lets see a import run thoughs times without there turbos. Throw a turbo on that car and say bye bye supra. Ill post the vid later this week he only had 334 horse to the ground he showed me the dyno sheet i bought my mick thom slicks and weild racing rims from him. He is a hell of a driver.

shit i have pulled of 12.62 at 107.3 in my 98 cobra with only a 4.30 gear, 255lt fuel pump, mass air, h-pipe not cats and a tire. I also have vids of me beating supras at the track ill post thoughs also

Everytime i see supras go to the track they get there asses kicked, there a top end car i haven't seen to many with my own eyes perform to well at the track even though i know they are very fast cars and over priced in my book.

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
450rwhp cobra vs. 450rwhp supra should at least be a drivers race imo considering the supras weight advantage, especially if the race is from a roll on the highway where the supra's aerodynamic advantage also comes into play.

But yeah: I dont see the point in getting crazy about which car is better since they're both great cars.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread