Anyone have ram daul disc clutch

BWH2003

Established Member
I have one that I just installed but I dont have any miles on it yet. Install questions I can help. If you need drivability questions I can help in a week or so.

mofasta

Flex Fueled
Established Member
did either of you happen to measure your input shaft engagment into disc closest to flywheel ? Before I installed mine I did some measuring on distance from tranney adapter cover to end of splines on input shaft which I arrived with a distance of 4 1/4in ,then with clutch installed and bellhousing on I measured with tape measure from the back side of clutch disc splines out to bellhousing where it hooks to tranney. The distance I arrived at was 4 3/8in which would put the splines on the input shaft shy of full engagement by a 1/8 in into last disc closet to flywheel. Thats my question to see if any one has ever measured to make sure.

thanks
AJ:shrug:

Last edited:

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I have the Ram street twin disc. Best clutch ever. No chatter, no slip, easy pedal effort.
I highly recommend this clutch because it would probably be the last one you buy.

I have this same clutch and my only issue is the "rattling marbles" sound when the clutch petal is pressed down. It's downright embarrasing when sitting at a stop light (so I usually shift into neutral and let off the pedal). Otherwise, the cluch engages very smoothly with no slipping issues at high RPMs...

Avenger

Established Member
I will admit I have not checked that. I've heard earlier versions of the 26spline input shaft had shorter splines and would create engagement issues though... When did you buy yours ?

BTW, I love this clutch !!

mofasta

Flex Fueled
Established Member
the input is only a year old, I put it in with the ram powergrip HD single disc clutch last spring.which didn't hold up but 3 or 4 runs this spring and because of premature failure ram made a deal on this street daul with 900 compound pads.Heres a picture of my new clutch from last spring I fried. IF you want more info on measurments and what I've found out give me a call @ 1-317-371-8910
thanks
AJ
P1010012.jpg
http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n446/mofasta/P1010010.jpg[/IMG]

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
did either of you happen to measure your input shaft engagment into disc closest to flywheel ? Before I installed mine I did some measuring on distance from tranney adapter cover to end of splines on input shaft which I arrived with a distance of 4 1/4in ,then with clutch installed and bellhousing on I measured with tape measure from the back side of clutch disc splines out to bellhousing where it hooks to tranney. The distance I arrived at was 4 3/8in which would put the splines on the input shaft shy of full engagement by a 1/8 in into last disc closet to flywheel. Thats my question to see if any one has ever measured to make sure.

thanks
AJ:shrug:

No, we never measured this distance during the installation of the clutch. We measured the TOB retainer and cut off part of it (as recommended in the instructions and measured the length of the pivot ball (and ended up changing this length a couple of times). We never had any issues (to my knowledge with the input shaft fully engaging the teeth on the clutch discs. Here's a picture of my tranny just prior to installation:

2332037T56w26SplineShaft.jpg

And here's a picture of the clutch installed on the car:

2332038RAMClutchInstalled.jpg

Did you shorten the TOB retainer so that it won't hit the outer clutch disc and prevent the input shaft from fully engaging in the inner clutch disc?

Avenger

Established Member
This might sound like a dumb question but I figured I would throw it out here since it looks like we're all at loss...

Are you sure that the disc closest to the flywheel is facing the right direction ?

Users who are viewing this thread