Anyone have pic of top of fuel tank where evap hoses route to?

Jpjr

Established Member
I think I am missing a hose after my return fuel install. One of the vents is simply venting to the atmosphere and I'm wondering if that is what is causing the fuel smell I have. Does anyone have a schematic or pics of where the blue vents on top of the tank go?

Thanks

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
While searching the web for pics for you, I see a guy on Mod Fords with a gas smell and a recent return fuel system.

Would that possibly be you?

If it is you did you do the mod yourself? If so dig back through your stuff and see if you still have the line that goes to the Evap canister.

It will stink for sure with an open fitting on the tank.

Depending on your state it might fail an annual emissions inspection too.

This might be a good candidate for a trip to pick a part or similar facility if you have one in your area.

I bombed out on evap pics, didn't find any. :nonono::(

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Hope this helps

gtpumpinstall4.jpg

Jpjr

Established Member
While searching the web for pics for you, I see a guy on Mod Fords with a gas smell and a recent return fuel system.

Would that possibly be you?

If it is you did you do the mod yourself? If so dig back through your stuff and see if you still have the line that goes to the Evap canister.

It will stink for sure with an open fitting on the tank.

Depending on your state it might fail an annual emissions inspection too.

This might be a good candidate for a trip to pick a part or similar facility if you have one in your area.

I bombed out on evap pics, didn't find any. :nonono::(

yeah that's me :) this sucks because my vintage venom F14 kit shows up tomorrow but all i can think of is this fuel prob!

ok, looking at the pic it appears as though one vent hole IS to the atmosphere. if that is correct then my vents are ok. it must be my seal at the fore top hat. mine leaked like crazy until I plugged it with permatex. but now i'm thinking i didn't get an air-tight seal cuz the fuel smell is pretty bad. was hoping it might just be evap related but guess not.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
yeah that's me :) this sucks because my vintage venom F14 kit shows up tomorrow but all i can think of is this fuel prob!

ok, looking at the pic it appears as though one vent hole IS to the atmosphere. if that is correct then my vents are ok. it must be my seal at the fore top hat. mine leaked like crazy until I plugged it with permatex. but now i'm thinking i didn't get an air-tight seal cuz the fuel smell is pretty bad. was hoping it might just be evap related but guess not.

You got the VV F14??

I just turned GREEN!! I am so jealous.

Users who are viewing this thread