Anyone have or know where to get

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Put the car up on the rack earlier today, and noticed that the Driversided Halfshaft boots were torn...
Anyone else ever dealt with this problem..
Ford wont sell just the boots, (496 bucks for the Halfshaft w/ all parts not installed)

I was wondering if anyone had there halfshafts still if they upgraded, or what ya'll recommend?

Also came across this on ebay...what are ya'lls thoughts on this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...42609QQitemZ8047089609QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

WHITE99SNAKE

Established Member
Yep

KGblack99cobra said:
Put the car up on the rack earlier today, and noticed that the Driversided Halfshaft boots were torn...
Anyone else ever dealt with this problem..
Ford wont sell just the boots, (496 bucks for the Halfshaft w/ all parts not installed)

I was wondering if anyone had there halfshafts still if they upgraded, or what ya'll recommend?

Also came across this on ebay...what are ya'lls thoughts on this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-0...42609QQitemZ8047089609QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

My driver's side shaft is shot as well. It has been making that noise for a couple months. I usually replace things immediately but have been way to busy.

The noise hasn't gotten any worse for me.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
If you want to pull the diff and upgrade to 31 spline then you can get 03 cobra halfshafts for now and then upgrade.

Or Raxles and stay 28 spline. Depending on your money situation.

But since you seem to be on such a spending spree....Level 5's...

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
If you want to pull the diff and upgrade to 31 spline then you can get 03 cobra halfshafts for now and then upgrade.

Or Raxles and stay 28 spline. Depending on your money situation.

But since you seem to be on such a spending spree....Level 5's...
Can I get a link to the raxles, I want to upgrade but I really don't want to buy a new diff., are these strong?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
JebTonkin said:
Can I get a link to the raxles, I want to upgrade but I really don't want to buy a new diff., are these strong?

http://www.raxles.com/

I know they are big in the import scene and I've heard they are good for domestics too.

I knew a guy running a pair a year or so ago around here. He was dumping at 5K with a BF brace and subframe bushings with no problems at all...

If I was going to stay IRS I'd go with them.

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
LMAO Spending Spree.... no i have just been spending the money to prevent me screwing up a new motor..
As for the Raxles.. That webpage isnt to friendly...
Any idea on the prices of their products?Hell im lazy, whats the part numbers for both driverside and passenger side Halfshafts?

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I have Raxles halfshafts in mine. I believe they are like $500ish for the pair new. Their customer service is amazing. I tore 2 boots in mine and called them up and they just asked for a shipping address and sent out all the new parts for free. I would not hesitate to purchase from them.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
KGblack99cobra said:
Ok, dumb question ... Are there different levels of Raxles

500 for a pair.. hell thats my next purchase

Nope. They make just one version. They are very beefy halfshafts.

Double check with them on pricing, but I'm almost certian it was somewhere between $500 and $600 after taxes and shipping.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Damn, dude! Did you find a money tree or something??? Hell, I can't spend a dime right now because we are going to move from Illinois to NC, so I am jealous as hell...

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Oil & Gas Industry... As much as I hate the price of petroleum based price products, as long as we buy them I'll have a JOB.....
Plus getting royalties off several Natty Gas Wells

Oh and you have room to talk, YOU HAVE 2 i repeat 2 cobras.. As i have been saving and working and busting ass to get my 1 back on the road
:beer: and enjoy the new HOUSE

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
LOL, thanks. When I bought the 99, we were going to sell the 01 vert, but my wife started driving it and liked it.

My Cobra ownership may be coming to an end. We have agreed that if we find a lake house on the water in NC and need to sell the cars to do it, they will be sold.

When you live in the friggin frozen tundra called northern Illinois, you gotta have something to get you through the long winters. LOL, you oughta see my basement and bar!!!

KGblack99cobra

Back N Black
Established Member
Even more jealous the 01 is a vert...
OUCH I have worked out that no matter what happens the Cobra stays (got it in Writting)... Dropped way to much in her to let her go for 13-15k...
Good luck on the sales, by the way what color are the cobra's?.

Users who are viewing this thread