Anyone have major issue's with ordering parts?

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
I placed an order monday, paid 180 bux for 2-3 day priorty shipping.

I have my ranger sitting, taking up space at my buddy's shop, he's waiting for the rims and tires because the axle tubes need to be cut down and the front rims need to cut and welded etc.... order axles and so on.

I get the rims off the ups truck today, All excited, I'm all ready to run down the street and get the tires put on the rear rims.... I'm on the phone .... hey I'll be right over etc....

I open the box and the rims are the wrong ones!!!

The rims are completely black, and shitty at that, they look spray painted and the black color doesn't even cover the insides of the wheel???

Damn it!

I ordered the "hyper black" rims which are completelt a different color.

I've also beening waitng over 5 weeks for my subframes and a billet oil pump gear. I've waited just as long for my rad. which I got yesterday. I won't go on to name more parts, but allmost everything I order off of an online company, never comes when it should.

Granted I understand, when I ordered my HE, I was told it would be a bit, and like when I ordered my wide band kit I knew it would be another week or so.

But some of these places, like sean hyland or global west for instance. They take my money, and tell me ok we'll ship it rigth out. After 2 weeks I call SH, it took 3 times to find out, oh there on back order.... I paid extra for next day shipping? WTF ...

It's been like 5-6 weeks or more now since i ordered from GW. I called like over 2 weeks ago and was told they were being power coated?

Just pissed and venting. I keep ordering stuff, and it always comes late, or not at all, and when it gets here when it should, it's the wrong stuff.

And just off the phone (today it friday.... and it's 11am or earlier where I'm calling to)

They can't ship me the correct wheels today, I want them to ship the right stuff, next day air, today, so i get it tommorow.

Nope, can't ship today, can ship monday, and 3 day shipping..... so I'll get them the end of next week???

how do these places do bussiness?

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
pretty sad when I have to call the wheel manufacturer directly, and get different answers then where I placed the order.......

I'm hoping they can send them asap, or I'm thinking of just returning the wheels and going elsewhere alltogether.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It happens. That's why it's good to monitor the vendor experiences right here. And if you run into a slug you add them to your 'Do Not Use' list. I'd say I've been about 90% successful as far as vendors I've done busienss with. I can only think of one I had trouble with. No, make that two.

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
I'm just really pissed off at the moment, when I had my whole afternoon planed already, and various people waiting on me when I give them my word something will be there.

Now granted throwing the tires on the rear rims are no big deal, but my buddy with the metal shop who does all the suspension work and cages etc..... he has certain time slots to keep and a busy schedule etc.....

I set up a deal with him, to cut my axle tubes, order my 31 spline axles, install the 4:10 gears and eaton posi, mini tub the rear bed section where the wheel wells are.......

As a favor he's squezing me in, and I told him I'd have the stuff to him by thursday\friday.

Now I'm looking at next weekend, which will most likely blow everything out of wack, and put me on a waiting list....

Not to mention my motor and tranny for the truck is sitting in my other buddies shop, and he's expection the truck next week....

.....damn it

thank you wheel place :)

More shit to keep me away from the track, I was so close.... all excited to go to atco next weekend

Users who are viewing this thread