Anyone have details on the 15th MEU Osprey accident?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
That was 3/1 involved I believe, my old unit, and I haven't been able to get a hold of anyone yet. Just wondering if anyone has some details cause I have a lot of buddies over there.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Well I guess it was my guys. The Marine that passed away was a part of the crew. Multiple junior Marines have brain and spinal injuries, my buddy was probably the HRST Master and I guess he had to bail off the back of the bird amd broke his arm and is in surgery. Bird started going haywire at about 100ft and plummeted at about 70.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I know there's been people lurking on this page to hear what's going on and I'm sure most of you have seen on the news that one of the crew passed in this wreck. They tried CPR but he did not make it. I just got word tonight that another junior Marine that was involved in the wreck has just passed tonight from head injuries. Please keep these Marine's family's in your prayers.

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
Sorry for the late reply, but it looks like you're in the loop. Good news was the family of the second Marine was present at the hospital when he passed. Bad week for Marine Corps aviation though.

Users who are viewing this thread