Anyone have any idea how much $$$ in damage this is? (56K - Not advised)

lons13

Established Member
If you were in el paso texas-sh*t, it would be like $100 dollars and a 30 pack of bud light. evryone does bodywork and paint down by the border.haha

YellowShaker03

I Am Black Jesus
Established Member
I'd say around a grand. I had to have my driver side quarter panel fixed as well as the tail light after a neighbor backed into my Audi with a trailer. it was only 700. And I'm sure your 300C can't be as bad as my Audi is insurance and part wise.

GTPvsSVT

crunk
Established Member
Insurance will get the repair work for less for 2 reasons:
1) Ins gets cheaper rates at body shops (cheaper than walk-in customers at same shops)
2) Dealerships over write their estimates

Dealership wrote to replace the bumper I am assuming...doesn't need to be replaced. Only the chrome strip. Its a 2 maybe 3 hour fix + paint. The fender is again, a 2 hour fix plus paint. Some shops can blend that metallic paint, others refuse. Either way, thats why you have ins!

Is that replacing the front fascia?

Nope, they are going to repair that and only replace the chrome strip.

I'd say around a grand. I had to have my driver side quarter panel fixed as well as the tail light after a neighbor backed into my Audi with a trailer. it was only 700. And I'm sure your 300C can't be as bad as my Audi is insurance and part wise.

I think what made it higher was the fact that they have to do paint work on the fender and the entire front bumper.

Insurance will get the repair work for less for 2 reasons:
1) Ins gets cheaper rates at body shops (cheaper than walk-in customers at same shops)
2) Dealerships over write their estimates

Dealership wrote to replace the bumper I am assuming...doesn't need to be replaced. Only the chrome strip. Its a 2 maybe 3 hour fix + paint. The fender is again, a 2 hour fix plus paint. Some shops can blend that metallic paint, others refuse. Either way, thats why you have ins!

The only thing being replaced is the chrome strip. I think the labor rates drove the price up.

This sounds crazy, but the dealer has the following for labor:
Body Labor: 14.4 hrs
Paint Labor: 7.6 hrs
Paint supplies: 7.6 hrs

GTPvsSVT

crunk
Established Member
Body shops must be MUCH easier to work with over there than they are around here!

Hours look right on by the time they take the RT headlight out, remove the bumper to repair it, take off moldings and the actual repair time.

Either way, a good body shop will fix it right. Good luck!

Common

Established Member
1187$ I would say. Take it to your dealership and see what they say.

*hahaha*

69sta03cobradan

Established Member
I had a the plastic "scoop" on the side ripped off and the only metal contact just nicked the paint, exposing the under layers (no dent) and the replacement scoop cost was 40 dollars, but there was a charge of 850 dollars for painting the entire side to match the metallic paint and labor. The lady that "hit" me did not want to go through insurance, and wanted to make payments when she found out how much. Of course, I threatened to go to her insurance, whereby she somehow found a resource to pre pay the cost of repair...

I had a the plastic "scoop" on the side ripped off and the only metal contact just nicked the paint, exposing the under layers (no dent) and the replacement scoop cost was 40 dollars, but there was a charge of 850 dollars for painting the entire side to match the metallic paint and labor. The lady that "hit" me did not want to go through insurance, and wanted to make payments when she found out how much. Of course, I threatened to go to her insurance, whereby she somehow found a resource to pre pay the cost of repair...

Good move on your part. There isn't a stranger on earth I'm letting make payments for anything.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
that is well over 500 dollars worth of damage, no doubt about it.

edit: upon further review, i'd ballpark it at about 1,187 dollars.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread