Anyone have any idea how much $$$ in damage this is? (56K - Not advised)

:cryying::cryying::cryying::cryying:

I have a $500 deductible, so I'm trying to figure out whether to claim this or not. I'll be getting a quote tomorrow if the dealer and/or the local body shop is open.

The damage is to the front-passenger fender (steel) and the front fascia (some sort of plastic).

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF0043.jpg

DSCF0044.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

Last edited:

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
being a Chrysler, probably only about $50. the car is totaled. :kaboom:

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member

That was sorta funny.

On a serious note:

Should be able to work that fender out (it's called a fender: the quarter panel is in the back), but you'll probably want the front fascia replaced (fascias have a tendency to flex a lot, and repairs to ABS plastic don't seem to hold on high movement parts). I'm going to guess @ $1800 (with paint).

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I'd ssay repair the fender and the bumper , the bumper is not ABS. my guees around 650.00 let us know .

Damn! What happened bro?

We had a light snowfall earlier in the day. I was going to a KFC. The drive-thru is at the back of the property, so you drive straight back and hang a left to get to the speaker. Once you hang the left, on the left side is the curb, speaker. etc. and on the right is a brick wall. Well, the car slid during the left and hit the wall. Didn't get my chicken either because the damn place was closed. :fm:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Well played.

That was sorta funny.

On a serious note:

Should be able to work that fender out (it's called a fender: the quarter panel is in the back), but you'll probably want the front fascia replaced (fascias have a tendency to flex a lot, and repairs to ABS plastic don't seem to hold on high movement parts). I'm going to guess @ $1800 (with paint).

Yikes. I guess I was being overly optimistic thinking I could get away with a ~$500 bill and no claim. I guess I'll call the insurance company tomorrow.

BTW, thanks for the correction! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread