Anyone have a ZR2 Silverado?

RickyBobby51

Established Member
Hi Klaus. I don’t want to hijack your thread. I have a question for you. I have a 2020 GMC 3500 single rear wheel crew cab, long-bed Denali Duramax that I plan to put Hellwig front and rear sway bars. What shocks (coil overs) do you recommend? It is a street only truck that I use to tow my race trailer, but I do love my trucks to be able to out turn a BMW/Mercedes on a clover leaf exit on a freeway.

Thank you. Tom

Last edited:

C2tuck

Established Member
Hi Klaus. I don’t want to hijack your thread. I have a question for you. I have a 2020 GMC 3500 single rear wheel crew cab, long-bed Denali Duramax that I plan to put Hellwig front and rear sway bars. What shocks (coil overs) do you recommend? It is a street only truck that I use to tow my race trailer, but I do love my trucks to be able to out turn a BMW/Mercedes on a clover leaf exit on a freeway.

Thank you. Tom

Not Klaus obviously, but I have run those sway bars on my last two trucks and won’t go without them. I have a 22 F-350 single rear wheel long-bed powerstroke. When I added the sway bars I could handle corners at high speed, 90+, but when I put the King coil overs on it, it made a huge difference. The truck is planted even better. I highly recommend, but they are spendy.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
On my way to pick up a new zr2. I was able to find silver grey metallic and jumped on it.

The AT4x is cool but kind of a parts bin truck IMO. For the price I would go with an f250 Tremor.

The F150 Tremor was a close 2nd but I think the new Chevy has a fresher exterior and a much better interior. The multimatic suspension in the zr2 is very good.

It will get a 2inch level, hopefully it will fit 35s without rubbing.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

Thank you. Tom

Nice. Sorry I don't know anything about coil overs outside of Toyota. If ToyTec makes a set up for GMC I would recommend it.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
1690657504941.jpeg

1690657532124.jpeg

1690657551240.jpeg

1690657578004.jpeg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Bad ass @Klaus
Enjoy man.

Gonna look beefy with a 2" level and 35's for sure!
Which level kit?

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Bad ass @Klaus
Enjoy man.

Gonna look beefy with a 2" level and 35's for sure!
Which level kit?

Thanks, mein. GM has a factory kit. Also got the factory steps, which look very nice. So much badging on this thing. I ordered the blackout ZR2 badges and I am going to take a heat gun to all the others.

84453734-1500.jpg

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks, mein. GM has a factory kit. Also got the factory steps, which look very nice. So much badging on this thing. I ordered the blackout ZR2 badges and I am going to take a heat gun to all the others.

84453734-1500.jpg

Those steps are worth their price. Great grip even with muddy boots or washing the roof and using then as a ladder lol

Had those on my 22.

Users who are viewing this thread