anyone have a weight reduction break down

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
REM and lightening.. :rockon:

Can you guys do that to a 3.15 gear? I don't see that listed. also, how much is the weight savings?

We should be able to. If you'd like we can find a used set around the shop and have them sent out for lightning and polishing.

The only thing is with a 3.15 gear your not going to lose much weight, maybe 1-2lbs? Where as on a 4.56 you'll loose as much as 9lbs

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
2013 Premium interior rear seat is right at 25lbs. This includes the lower cushion(1 piece) and the 2 upper folding halves. I had them out of the car for about 2 weeks before the increased NVH made it not worth it for daily driving. It's easy enough to remove that I'll probably still pull it out for timeslip hunting.

twistedneck

Established Member
2013 Premium interior rear seat is right at 25lbs. This includes the lower cushion(1 piece) and the 2 upper folding halves. I had them out of the car for about 2 weeks before the increased NVH made it not worth it for daily driving. It's easy enough to remove that I'll probably still pull it out for timeslip hunting.

I also removed all the rear seat belt hardware and rear speakers for another 10-15 lbs. of savings.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I also removed all the rear seat belt hardware and rear speakers for another 10-15 lbs. of savings.

I tried doing that but the upper seatbelt mount bolt was impossible to get to. How do you get a tool in there to loosen that star bolt? The rear glass sits right above it and I couldn't get a tool in there. What did you use?

twistedneck

Established Member
I tried doing that but the upper seatbelt mount bolt was impossible to get to. How do you get a tool in there to loosen that star bolt? The rear glass sits right above it and I couldn't get a tool in there. What did you use?

Front speakers sound fine. Z28 is racecar w o radio.

To get to those bolts I found out after hours of screwing up the trim in back all you need to do is pull that entire fascia off.. It extends back over the front seat belt holder. Only takes 5 min to remove that and then 2 min to remove the rear upper belt mechanism.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I removed all that, but if I remember right, the top bolts that hold the rear seat belt 'rewinder' in place are held to the car with big star bolts. I couldn't get anything on them to turn them as the rear glass sits right above it. I don't think I'm following what you're saying. Happen to have a pic or 2?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
You have to grip the outside of those torx heads and turn them. Can't fit a socket. Grip it w huge vice grips.

Damnit, that's what I was afraid of. Alright, thanks for the tip. How snug are they? I would assume they're loctite'd in place

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
Thats funny because I just pulled a-lot of stuff out of my car . Including my rear seat belts, and it was just a t-50 bit and a ratchet. After pulling the black 1/4 glass plastic panel .

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Did you trim down the T50 bit? Mine was way too tall to fit with the rear glass in the way

IDWALKU

RecordBreakinBrad
Established Member
photo21.jpg

photo11.jpg

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
What parts weigh
Engine Cover--------------------------------3.09 lbs.
Grill w/lights (surround not included)----------3.47 lbs.
OEM Panhard Bar----------------------------7.30 lbs.
Jack, Wrench, accessories-------------------5.42 lbs.
Spare Cover/Trunk Floor---------------------6.80 lbs.
Sound Tube & Isolator-----------------------1.19 lbs.
Front Sway Bar & Fasteners-----------------13.80 lbs.
Z-Brace & Fastebers-------------------------5.86 lbs.
^Plastic Shield-------------------------------1.66 lbs.
Axle Weights- Both,-------------------------4.93 lbs
2011 Rear Seat Base,------------------------12.65 lbs
OEM radiator support,-----------------------16.55 lbs
Manual cloth drivers seat.44.5 lbs VS Premium 57 lbs
Brembo front rotor 25.4 lbs VS stock front rotor 20.5 lbs
OEM 2011 intake manifold, --------------------15.37 lbs
Boss intake manifold, -------------------------13.34 lbs
emptied washer fluid tank will save--------------7 lbs
Trunk air pump and Mat -----------------------12.7 lbs
DSS 3.5" aluminum drivebshaft with hardware----21.6 lbs.
Stock drive shaft-------------------------------38.8 lbs
Brembo wheel and tire--------------------------57.2 lbs each

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Thanks for the pics. I swear mine doesn't seem to have as much room. I'll go pick up a T50 socket and give it a whirl though.

JLear

2014 GT
Established Member
Done a search and found this thread, has anyone ever weighed a cloth power seat? So far I haven't been able to find the weight on any of the lists.

Users who are viewing this thread