Anyone have a turbo 03/04 cobra?

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
I'm thinking about going to a turbo set-up and was wondering if anyone has done this yet? Also what would be a good company to talk to, so I can get a good set-up for what I want? Thanks, Joe.

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
I don't think anybody here has one YET!! but i think there are one or two looking into it so i'll let them chime in if they want.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Mrcobraguy said:
I'm thinking about going to a turbo set-up and was wondering if anyone has done this yet? Also what would be a good company to talk to, so I can get a good set-up for what I want? Thanks, Joe.

Jason should have some good information for you.... He's contemplating it :-D

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
My friends here in Memphis at Dynospeed Racing have done a TT on an 03 Cobra. It's the HP kit.

Check out their site at www.dynospeedracing.com and give them a call at the shop. Ask for Joe or John, and say you have some questions about Mike's car. I'm sure they'll be happy to share their thoughts about the install and tuning. They are an authorized SCT facility.

Here's a little video clip of the car out playing near the shop:

http://www.svtoa-memphis.com/vids/MikeBurnout.wmv

I haven't received my ride yet... :(

But it's got cool gauge pods! :banana:

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
mystangs said:
Has Alan adopted us?

I'd like to think ya'll adopted me...

You guys are a good group. There are tons of mustangs out there, and lots of night time crowds around the country, but it's nice to see the level of orgranization and friendship you guys show. And, not to forget, I fill out every shipping label on every pillar that ships out. I know where they are going. ;-)

I'm lucky to be involved with www.svtoa-memphis.com which has a very similar "feel" among us guys/gals. We're really proud of our chapter, and I'm honored to be a member and a sponsor, especially for the benefit of St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis. Hang around cool people and cars, and help some really special kids along the way, I'd call it win/win.

Besides, if I moved to your area tomorrow I'd be hitting all of you guys up for being the latest "test subject". It's pretty popular around here. :D

Alan

Last edited:

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
Man that makes want to dump the money into one now lol. I've talked to a few people and I want to try something a little bit diffrent, plus my one buddy has basically talked me into going this route instead of the going with the kb at the end of agust i'll just wait another 2 months and go turbine. I was just seeing if any one had one on the street yet becuase I am worried with a little bit of lag becuase I like blowing the tires off once in a while :burnout:. Streetability would be a big one for me becuase it just wouldn't be a strickly drag race car, I would want to be able to cruise around and have some fun on the street too. Thanks, for the input so far.

Last edited:

ta2d1

---->HI
Established Member
i really don't think you would have to worry about lag, even with one hairdrier I don't think there would be too much. I say do it you would deffenatly have something on the rare side. good luck

Last edited:

alanw6

The gauge pod guy
Established Member
Mrcobraguy, I guess you can see that blowing the tires off won't be much of a problem.

Here's another vid of the same car for your Saturday morning viewing pleasure:

http://www.svtoa-memphis.com/vids/MikeDyno.wmv

You can do a search for "Dynospeed" in the pics/vids forum and find a long thread about this car if you wish to read more.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
alanw6 said:
I'd like to think ya'll adopted me...

You guys are a good group. There are tons of mustangs out there, and lots of night time crowds around the country, but it's nice to see the level of orgranization and friendship you guys show. And, not to forget, I fill out every shipping label on every pillar that ships out. I know where they are going. ;-)

I'm lucky to be involved with www.svtoa-memphis.com which has a very similar "feel" among us guys/gals. We're really proud of our chapter, and I'm honored to be a member and a sponsor, especially for the benefit of St. Jude Children's Hospital in Memphis. Hang around cool people and cars, and help some really special kids along the way, I'd call it win/win.

Besides, if I moved to your area tomorrow I'd be hitting all of you guys up for being the latest "test subject". It's pretty popular around here. :D

Alan

Um...you don't have to move here to have us be test subjects! We'll you Mid-Atlantic test area...you know..you gotta have several test sites! :rockon:

Palugi_03TT

Established Member
Mrcobraguy said:
I was just seeing if any one had one on the street yet becuase I am worried with a little bit of lag becuase I like blowing the tires off once in a while :burnout:. Streetability would be a big one for me becuase it just wouldn't be a strickly drag race car, I would want to be able to cruise around and have some fun on the street too.

Streetability not a problem...this car has been driven almost daily for about a month now.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Palugi_03TT said:
Streetability not a problem...this car has been driven almost daily for about a month now.

Mike - Your car is freakin sick bro... If I'm ever around your way, mind if I stop by for a ride?? :beer:

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
Palugi_03TT said:

Awsome thats just what I wanted to know. Your car is crazzy, I can only hope to join your ranks in the next couple of months.

TRBO VNM

I will have to check out the vids later. I need to get to work, but I am goiing with the single hellion kit. I might hold off on purchase though until winter time because I won't be installing it until then. I will do some other things to prepare for it like coil overs, fuel system upgrades, etc. that way it is easier come winter time.

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
Ya, i don't plan on installing it intill the winter and i'm just trying to find out as much info as i can so it will help me decide on which kit to go with. I got the coil-overs, the a-amrs but haven't gotten a k-member yet. I don't know which route i'm going for the fuel system, return style would be nice but thats a bit of money. I don't know thats why i'm hear and reading lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread