Anyone have a Secondary Air Injection tube?

cbrown9064

Established Member
Working on my blower build and in need of the steel pipe (intact with ends) that goes from the SAI diverter valve to the exhaust manifold.

Anyone have one have one they would part with? Let me know how much...

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Working on my blower build and in need of the steel pipe (intact with ends) that goes from the SAI diverter valve to the exhaust manifold.

Anyone have one have one they would part with? Let me know how much...

I actually think I have that in my garage. Not sure why I still have it but I'll look.

But why do you want to it on? Just take the whole thing off and cap your exhaust. Once the blower is on, your tuner can delete it.

-Mark

cbrown9064

Established Member
I actually think I have that in my garage. Not sure why I still have it but I'll look.

But why do you want to it on? Just take the whole thing off and cap your exhaust. Once the blower is on, your tuner can delete it.

-Mark

I cannot find a 45 degree flare cap that fits the fitting on the manifold. My idea was to try and get the flare fitting out of the manifold and replace with a plug, but have a breaker bar on that damn fitting and cannot budge it. Will try some heat this weekend.

The fitting uses a 45 degree flare as opposed to the more common 37 degree AN or JIC. I have gone to all the industrial/hydraulic shops in town and no one has a fitting or cap that will match the threads, regardless of the flare angle. So, if I could find a cap I would go that way.

My idea was to use the line (it is steel) and cut it near the fitting and then wld the tube shut. I want to keep my old parts intact, and was looking for an alternative source for the tube. Thought if someone had one they wanted to part with, I could use it to make a cap.

Let me know how to compensate you for it. PM works...

Thanks!
Chris

Last edited:

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
Let me look though my parts boxes tomorrow. I think I still have one that was smashed in an accident (not my car, the one I got parts from.) :)

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I think that I still have mine.. I'm a bit confused on the part you need though.. Is it the part from the EGR to the exhaust manifold?

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
It took a little digging, but I found it. Here is a photo:

SmashedSAIPipe_zpsddc50857.jpg

I'd hate to see you destroy a good one. A working SAI system is necessary for a Cobra to pass smog here in CA, so people here will occasionally need the good parts.

$5 for shipping and it's yours.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread