Anyone have a Predator for the 03 yet??

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by toofast4u
Somebody said something about the Predator being able to monitor o2 while driving around if that could be sent that would be great.
Driving around and relying on O2 data from the cars sensors would only help for drivability tuning I think. Once you go under heavy/WOT the car no longer relies on the O2 sensors and uses a table for the A/F.

theinjectedzone

Established Member
I will also try to help. As of about a week ago, the predator for the 03 cobra was about 3 weeks out. It will come out first for the 03 cobra and then others will follow. For lightly modded cars, the tune you can do just with the predator will be more than enough. When doing nitrous, 20 psi, etc. then you need a dyno tune. What happens is they tune the car on the dyno with a laptop and save it. Then they can upload that file to a predator and you can further change things if need be. The predator is limited on its parameters for a reason. Diablo does not want you throwing 20 degrees of timing in there and blowing up a motor and you sueing them.
Hope that helps
thanks

Dave

Robb03

Established Member
Jegs is selling them on their web site for 429.00, I saw last night. I don't know anything else other then that, but maybe it helps. If you have to take your car back into the dealer, how do you wipe out the program, or should you even be concerned about that?

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Originally posted by Robb03
....If you have to take your car back into the dealer, how do you wipe out the program, or should you even be concerned about that?

no problem, the unit downloads and saves the existing program before it reflashes so that you can easily revert back to stock or from one tune to another...someone said it holds a number of tunes in memory, not sure how many though.

Last edited:

Pyro

Established Member
Just checked out Socal Diablo's website. So far there will be 8 Terminators there. Looks like it's gonna be a good time.

a94cobra

Established Member
Jegs does list the item. I called them and they don't have them yet. They were scheduled for a May 23rd ship date from Granatelli. The rep on the phone couldn't say whether that date had been passed over or not, just that he didn't have them yet. And he had five on order.

theinjectedzone

Established Member
Nobody should have them yet because Diablo has not released any. Their release date has been pushed back so many times, there isnt a release date now. I wish they would hurry up and get these things out. I will let everyone know as soon as I hear something.
thanks

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread