Anyone have a Predator for the 03 yet??

Pyro

Established Member
Just wanted to know if anyone has the Diablo Predator on the Terminator yet...or if it is even available yet?

I plan on getting it on June 14/15 at Diablo Daze at Socal Diablo.

Pyro

Established Member
I was told by Shawn at Socal Diablo that it would be in by the end of last week but who knows. He said it would definitely be in by the "Diablo Daze" on the weekend of June 14/15...at least I hope so because that's when I plan on getting one and dyno tuning my 03.

I've seen another site advertising it for the 03 Cobras already but I forgot which site it was.

Pyro

Established Member
As I understand it, a Predator is made for a specific vehicle which is why there isn't one for the 03 Cobra (yet). They have been out for various GM cars for some time.

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Man, hope the Predator is what people expect it to be, because there are a lot of folks just itching to get their hands on one.

We are all just crack heads waiting for our next fix. :)
Rick is just one of our dealers.

a94cobra

Established Member
Well, my question was in response to your statement. You said you can't wait to get one and get your car dyno tuned. Can you really do that much dyno tuning with the Predator?

The way I understand is that you can tell them what mods you have, they will send you a program that they have dyno tuned on other cars with those mods and you can possibly change that a little(the +/- 10% thing). This isn't really dyno tuning like what we have done in the past.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by a94cobra
Well, my question was in response to your statement. You said you can't wait to get one and get your car dyno tuned. Can you really do that much dyno tuning with the Predator?

The way I understand is that you can tell them what mods you have, they will send you a program that they have dyno tuned on other cars with those mods and you can possibly change that a little(the +/- 10% thing). This isn't really dyno tuning like what we have done in the past.

It is the same as a chip when programmed by a tuner using Diablo Revolution software. Tuners use the Revolution software currently to make chips and the same programs will be provided for the Predator. The +- 10% thing is if you try to modify the stock or modified configuration provided by your tuner.

a94cobra

Established Member
Ok, the Revolution software hooks up to what? The computer like a chip or thru the OBD-II port?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Ok, the Revolution software hooks up to what? The computer like a chip or thru the OBD-II port?

The revolution software is what the tuner uses. He then sends you the code via email or some other method and it is then uploaded to the predator using a serial cable. The code has some type of identification for you vechicleso that you can't just send the code to all your friends to use to protect the tuner. At least this is how I understand it from BNASPLT who knows a lot more about it then I do.

I think the predator also has some type of monitoring so that it can actually monitor some variables like the 02 sensors to make sure the tune is good.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member

the Predator itself hooks up to the OBD port while it's installing the tune and this allows you to leave the PCM's J9 service port untouched...that is what's generating so much excitement about this product, along with the ability for the enduser to adjust timing and fuel within a +/- 10% window

it is also a scan tool.....

a94cobra

Established Member
But my main question is that you really can't dyno tune a specific car with a Predator. Correct?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
But my main question is that you really can't dyno tune a specific car with a Predator. Correct?

yes, if you have a Diablo tuner with the Revolution software at the dyno shop...by yourself, no

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member

Yes, you dyno tune the specific car same as a chip. The tuner dyno's your car on a wideband and makes your tune and then does the proceedure I stated to get the tune into the Predator. Then once it is in the Predator you upload that code into the computer on the car like JB stated using the OBDII port. You can make adjustments to that tune if desired +-10% which really is a lot and can be very dangerous. The Predator can hold a couple tunes in its memory at one time so you can have different tunes at the track and upload them before a run to test things out I think the upload takes like 15 seconds.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by finally
Any Idea what these things are going to cost?

BNASPLT said 495/list and the dealer can take upto 15 points off that price. The GM one is selling for between 400-500 now.

a94cobra

Established Member
Ok, what device do they use to dyno tune the car? They need to use something to get the tune right before they put the prgram into the Predator and then into the computer.

Pyro

Established Member
I'm new to the whole dyno thing so let me explain what my plans are in plain English.....I will be attending SocalDiablo's "Dyno Daze" where some folks from Diablo Sport will be doing dynos. Shawn from SocalDiablo told me that he can sell me the Predator w/ a program obtained from the wide band dyno tune performed on my car during the "Dyno Daze" weekend or from his library of 91 octane tunes with my exact (or very similar) mods. Because I will be buying the Predator from him, he could include the program or at least make a deal. These were not his exact words but something similar was said. I dont want to quote Shawn.

In short, they will dyno the car and based on the dyno results, they will program the Predator and download it into the computer. I could be wrong but that's the way I understand it. Those of you who have done this before can correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still in the learning process which is why I'm attending the "dyno daze" at SocalDiablo.

Sorry for the lack of tech terms.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Ok, what device do they use to dyno tune the car? They need to use something to get the tune right before they put the prgram into the Predator and then into the computer.

You have to dyno on a wideband dyno same as a chip and either have the local tech burn you a code for your run or send that sheet to Rick or some other tech to review and make a burn.

Somebody said something about the Predator being able to monitor o2 while driving around if that could be sent that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread