Anyone have a G-force transmission?

Ben 98

Established Member
so you are wanting to rebuild your tranny? I agreed with you in the not needing a six speed unless you want something cool and different

trendkilllx

Established Member
From what I have heard they are pretty good. Some get them over the Tremecs because they are supposed to be less notchy and lighter. I got a used Tremec 3550, but havnt got the project running yet to test it.

Last edited:

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
A guy here has one, it's the blue 5.0 that can be heard ripping down the track. The name of the video is BPA 9.47 or something. I know somebody has to know what I'm talking about

iCEMANSGCCC

Banned
FordRacing200 said:
I know what you're talking about, the one with the badass shifting right? :bowdown:

Indeed, i swear i wish i could remember his name.

[EDIT] SICK88LX! That's who it is! [/EDIT]

Last edited:

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
I'm in the same boat...stock tranny with my power. I'm just waiting for it to grenade at the track. :( So I was thinking of getting one from them, so would also like to hear any comments.

montanagrog

Established Member
We have one in my son's 89. It was very notchy and tight when first installed, but now at 2000 miles it's smoother than the stock T5. We got the syncronized gears with upgraded 9310 shaft and the cluster support. Didn't go for the upgraded case or forks. Was recommended that if using an aftermarket shifter with stops the forks would hold on a mostly street driven car. More in car noise than stock, but not obnoxious. And LOVE that .59 overdrive with 3.73s, Coulda had 4.10s!!!

Right now not much more torque than stock going thru it, about 375#. Once the SC goes in it will be tested more. :banana: I drove a friend's 92 GT with 735 ft/lbs & drag radials, with the GForce set up like ours, and was sold on it compared to the 2 TKOs I drove. He's had it for 3 years of street & strip abuse without one problem.

A recommendation, deal directly with GForce! Too many highly advertized experts out there that do not do the building themselves. (personal experence!)

93LXHatch

Banned
montanagrog said:
We have one in my son's 89. It was very notchy and tight when first installed, but now at 2000 miles it's smoother than the stock T5. We got the syncronized gears with upgraded 9310 shaft and the cluster support. Didn't go for the upgraded case or forks. Was recommended that if using an aftermarket shifter with stops the forks would hold on a mostly street driven car. More in car noise than stock, but not obnoxious. And LOVE that .59 overdrive with 3.73s, Coulda had 4.10s!!!

Right now not much more torque than stock going thru it, about 375#. Once the SC goes in it will be tested more. :banana: I drove a friend's 92 GT with 735 ft/lbs & drag radials, with the GForce set up like ours, and was sold on it compared to the 2 TKOs I drove. He's had it for 3 years of street & strip abuse without one problem.

A recommendation, deal directly with GForce! Too many highly advertized experts out there that do not do the building themselves. (personal experence!)

Did you build it yourself? You used stock syncros and stuff? I have never been into a T-5, I keep breaking them and just tired of buying new ones. About how much did your setup cost if you dont mind telling.

pulngz94

my buddy just put one in his 89 gt and says he'll never buy another tko it seems to take the abuse (hes a sycko driver) and is way cheaper he loves the shifting and also has the .59 over drive. its like turning on the overdrive button when you wanna hit the freway

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Get one and never look back...mine will be going there if I dont like the C4 that's going in (stock tranny and my new power wont hold up at all)...they warranty their parts/service and you can send it to them for the rebuild and not touch a thing...they are definitely not cheap and I would venture you'll spend in the $3k-4k range depending on how "beefy" you go.

93LXHatch

Banned
blk04cobra1 said:
Get one and never look back...mine will be going there if I dont like the C4 that's going in (stock tranny and my new power wont hold up at all)...they warranty their parts/service and you can send it to them for the rebuild and not touch a thing...they are definitely not cheap and I would venture you'll spend in the $3k-4k range depending on how "beefy" you go.

They are a bit pricey BUT you get what you pay for I think. Except for 1 milliomn dollar cars.

montanagrog

Established Member
93LXHatch said:
Did you build it yourself? You used stock syncros and stuff? I have never been into a T-5, I keep breaking them and just tired of buying new ones. About how much did your setup cost if you dont mind telling.

I had it 'built' by a highly advertized rebuilder and ended up redoing thier work, so I'll say I rebuilt it myself. I used all new thru out except forks, case, already had a steel input housing, shift rods. If you haven't done one before, do yourself a favor and have them build it. Plus then it's a "plug and play"!! :rockon:

Got about $2000 invested,

jdgt03

Established Member
I got a buddy with an 90 lx with a 306 making about 600hp on nitrous and he has a g-force t-5 with dogrings and a mcloud clutch and it works great, but its not the best for easy driving because of the dogrings but for racing it's perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread