Anyone have a complete write-up on return style fuel systems?

TT04Cobra

It's Coming.....
Established Member
As the title says, has anyone done this themselves on their Terminator? I have a complete return style fuel system and want to install myself. I did a search but didn't find anything specific. Looking for a write-up with pics if possible. Let me know what ya got. Thanks guys.

SVT GI

Established Member
I put return on both my Cobras. Sorry no pics or write ups, i'll be glad to answer questions or walk you through it.

The lines from the tank to the engine compartment are pretty straight forward. When you get to that point it is personal preference on how you feed the rails and mount the regulator. There are few different ways I've seen people do it and for different reasons.

What your parts list?

SVT GI

Established Member
For folks staying at lower boost and hp levels, nothing wrong with returnless. I don't want to start a dispute over return vs. returnless because everybody has their theories. FOR ME it was, first the BAP, then more hp and in goes GT pumps, with that is a modified FPDM or dual set up. Then more hp and the BAP goes back in and a larger feed line. Just spend the money once, drop the tank once and be done. Also I feel there is less to go wrong and you have unlimited tuning abilities.

First, ANY pump can fail whether its return or returnless type. In a return style if a pump fails, the other pump will pick up and the regulator will keep the pressure right.

- No FPDM(s) to go out.
- No FRPS to go out. (how many times have these left people stranded?)
- No limits on Fuel Pump Duty Cycle (FPDC)

Just my $.02

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Ok now, so do you used the factory style pumps still, or what pumps are you using??

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
this is something I also plan to do in the future.

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Well, I just talked to Fore, and I believe this is the route I will be taking, since I have no initial investment in a returnless system. I have run return style for years in my foxes, and they were never a headache. So, I guess i will be the scape goat here. When I do it, I will post up pics of the install and such. It will probably be a couple months though. As my cobra is not my DD.

cobraracer46

Banned
Converting over to a "return" system would be a waste of money. It is interesting that the proponents of the "return" style fuel system dont have any data ( flow numbers) to back up their reasoning as to why the returnless cant support high HP.

I would never bother converting over to a return system and if some one I knew was looking at a return style conversion, I would tell them to ask the following questions:

lets see your lab testing that shows data from actual flow tests that shows:

where the restrictions are in the retunless fuel system

The limits of a returnless fuel system

data that shows returnless system flow numbers.

Data that shows return style flow numbers.

Lab testing data that shows the return style fuel system being superior to a returnless system.

my .02

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Well, I just talked to Fore, and I believe this is the route I will be taking, since I have no initial investment in a returnless system. I have run return style for years in my foxes, and they were never a headache. So, I guess i will be the scape goat here. When I do it, I will post up pics of the install and such. It will probably be a couple months though. As my cobra is not my DD.

It was great speaking with you. Let us know if we can help you further.
We are always here to answer your questions.

:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread