Anyone has a Racing SIM set up?

jessie_sanders

Established Member
I recently did a pretty budget I-racing build. I've got my xbox hooked too it to. I'll have to take some photos. Its at my house i'm remodeling so I dont get to use it much just yet. I think I've got about 5,000 in it.
Budget you say.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
View attachment 1633059
I made my own rig. Looking to upgrade it soon. I primarily race iRacing. Usually do some streaming on Twitch.

shocking.

1657659037859.png

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Anyone try the new Buttkicker Plus or Pro models?

I know the Gamer 2’s amp wasn’t up to the task, but the Pro has a 2ohm 150w amp which sounds like it should be up to the task.

At the current prices, I’d only get one, and with the heavy GT Omega rig, I’m figuring the Pro over the Plus.

On a side note, I did look into pucks (Daytons or something similar) for each corner, but had trouble finding a decent 2ohm amp (both in quality and reasonable price). Aside from that, two points that are kind of steering me away from the pucks:

1. I didn’t think these were as “plug-and-play” as the Buttkicker, which is welcome since the VR sometimes acts funny so I have to tweak that every once in a while - having this plug-and-play is just one less thing I have to dick with when I want to play.

2. Are the pucks strong enough on a large/ heavy 8020 rig? The Buttkicker transducers are pretty beefy, whereas the Daytons look like they would be significantly weaker.

Thoughts?

jessie_sanders

Established Member
ART Simulator Cockpit | Racing Simulator | GT Omega Racing – GT Omega US

I absolutely cannot tolerate my current rig any more. Considering the one in the link but I was curious if anyone has any other recommendations. My only requirement is I need it to come with a seat and cost under $700.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I absolutely cannot tolerate my current rig any more. Considering the one in the link but I was curious if anyone has any other recommendations. My only requirement is I need it to come with a seat and cost under $700.

That one, besides building yourself, will be the best bet for $700.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Next level that Nick linked me to earlier has a similar one for 450-500 as well

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
With the wheels I was looking at out of stock and seeing so many setups for sale because people don’t use em decided to test the waters a little first (they want basically the same as brand new so screw that). Found this basically unused Logitech g920 with shifter and stand for $200 on FB. I’ll see how much I like/use this before deciding if I wanna drop 1500.

Should easily get my money back on this or leave at the cabin next time I go up

Attachments

• A9A295FD-65C0-4353-B88D-B0837D077F48.jpeg
    A9A295FD-65C0-4353-B88D-B0837D077F48.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 59E73921-F209-452D-9B2C-E35EA9795AA2.jpeg
    59E73921-F209-452D-9B2C-E35EA9795AA2.jpeg
    267.5 KB · Views: 56

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
well thats a hell of learning curve from the control pad to a wheel. I ended up turning a bunch of the driving nannies back on just to kinda confirm what was a wheel setting vs just not being familiar with wtf is going. Definitely taking the pedals apart and taking out the little black stopper under the brake pedal, you can't come anywhere near full braking with it in place.

how many degrees of rotation do you guys use for your wheels? 540 seems like too much

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Next level that Nick linked me to earlier has a similar one for 450-500 as well
No seat on that one though...
well thats a hell of learning curve from the control pad to a wheel. I ended up turning a bunch of the driving nannies back on just to kinda confirm what was a wheel setting vs just not being familiar with wtf is going. Definitely taking the pedals apart and taking out the little black stopper under the brake pedal, you can't come anywhere near full braking with it in place.

how many degrees of rotation do you guys use for your wheels? 540 seems like too much
I can look at my settings tomorrow

jessie_sanders

Established Member

I can't remember if I'm at 540 or 720 on wheel rotation but something that messes with me is how small the wheel is. A small wheel set to 540 degrees rotation makes oversteer situations (for me) more than they need to be.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
When I had my 920 I downloaded Logitech’s dashboard thing to my computer and made some setting changes there (as well as firmware updates) Then I went in-game and further refined it.

IIRC, I had found a couple websites and videos that provided recommended change to the settings and it did seem to improve the experience than just plugging it in and running it.

As for the pedals, I think I modded them using this guy’s technique:
Brake Mod
Not ideal, but much better than before. If you plan on using the 920 for a while, there are quite a few aftermarket solutions to help with the brake feel.

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member

Haven’t used the ART, but I do have a GT Omega Prime and it’s a good, solid rig so it seems to be a good company from my limited experience.

Maybe check out Rig Metal, then pick up a seat. I think my NRG was about $260ish or maybe you can pick up a used race seat from a local racer. Sim-Labs and Trak Racer may have something similar in price.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
No seat on that one though...
they have one with a seat at that price and one without, the one with a seat it's admittedly kind of lame
When I had my 920 I downloaded Logitech’s dashboard thing to my computer and made some setting changes there (as well as firmware updates) Then I went in-game and further refined it.

IIRC, I had found a couple websites and videos that provided recommended change to the settings and it did seem to improve the experience than just plugging it in and running it.

As for the pedals, I think I modded them using this guy’s technique:
Brake Mod
Not ideal, but much better than before. If you plan on using the 920 for a while, there are quite a few aftermarket solutions to help with the brake feel.
Im using mine on an Xbox, so all thats pretty limited but I may be hook it to the laptop and see if there are any updates that might help.

I think for now Im just going to take the stock black piece out of the spring assembly and will consider trying to dial in how it feels later. At this point I'd just like to be able to achieve more than ~60% braking.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
they have one with a seat at that price and one without, the one with a seat it's admittedly kind of lame

Im using mine on an Xbox, so all thats pretty limited but I may be hook it to the laptop and see if there are any updates that might help.

I think for now Im just going to take the stock black piece out of the spring assembly and will consider trying to dial in how it feels later. At this point I'd just like to be able to achieve more than ~60% braking.

Even using on XBOX you should hook it up to a PC in order to download and install the latest firmware.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
Yep. I had to download drivers for my pedals and shifter to install the latest firmware.

I try to check once a year and see if there's any updates.

I'm going to pull the trigger on the RS6 cockpit. Thanks for yalls feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread