Anyone gone from terminator to 07-09 GT500?

LS WUT

Established Member
A2F5E711-EC94-421D-AA44-9A7E3D096EF8.jpeg

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
What hasn’t been said yet is I think there’s still room in the appreciation $$ tank for clean low mileage 07-09 Shelby’s. As it’s overshadowed by the 10-14s, they got over looked. I don’t think we’ve hit the age yet as we’re seeing how the 03/04 have spiked in the last year or two more than ever. I don’t think the average priced cobras will go too much higher that what there at now, then they’re gonna level off and stay where there at for good examples. Probably a good time if you could snag a 07-09 low mileage to be up’d on it especially if it’s stock and stays stock.

fireman02

Established Member
I had both for a short time. Had three 03 Cobra’s over the years. The last was an 03 w/ a bunch of upgrades making a bit over 600hp when I picked up my current 07 GT500 that was stock w/6600 miles on it. Plan was to keep both, but after a few months decided to be semi-responsible and only keep 1 toy with a teenage driver needing a car. To shorten an already long post, I sold the 03 Cobra and did a bunch of similar mods to the Shelby. I miss the Cobra but I enjoy driving the Shelby more. The biggest upgrade for the 03 vs 07 for me was the drivers seat comfort & space.
Image1664129418.176391.jpg

Image1664129485.048532.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
I had both for a short time. Had three 03 Cobra’s over the years. The last was an 03 w/ a bunch of upgrades making a bit over 600hp when I picked up my current 07 GT500 that was stock w/6600 miles on it. Plan was to keep both, but after a few months decided to be semi-responsible and only keep 1 toy with a teenage driver needing a car. To shorten an already long post, I sold the 03 Cobra and did a bunch of similar mods to the Shelby. I miss the Cobra but I enjoy driving the Shelby more. The biggest upgrade for the 03 vs 07 for me was the drivers seat comfort & space.
View attachment 1762633
View attachment 1762634

Nice cars Mr Fireman. Question, did you have the stock 13/14 base wheels refinished? They look more like hyper silver than OEM color? Maybe the lighting?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
had a modded 03 and now a modded 07. loved the 03 but hated the clutch. it was a beast to rip around in on the streets. being a bright red vert on nice wheels, it got a LOT of attention. constant compliments everywhere; a lot from women. it was a real eye catcher.

the gt500 does not get as much attention. probably a lot having to do with not having stripes. it gets attention mostly from men, usually older guys who are shelby fans/owners. women, not so much lol. a couple of dummies have asked me if its real lol.

i prefer the gt500. i prefer the more comfortable ride. the clutch is 10x better. the brakes are much better (stock vs stock) and i upgraded mine even more. ive built the suspension up. nothing crazy but it handles fantastic.

you can make lots of power for cheap with a tvs swap. the fuel and cooling systems are better to begin with. for someone looking to go fast and the best bang for your buck possible the 07-09 gt500 is hard to beat. there are TONS of them out there with stupid low miles on them. low mileage terminators are selling for good $$. 11/12 GT500s are still pretty pricey and wont go much faster than an 07-09. the 13/14s are still expensive and a completely different ballpark. another value is the 2010. newer looks/body but cost is closer to 07-09s.

looks are subjective. i love a sick looking terminator like anyone else but i really love the looks of the 07-09 GT500s. i just fell in love with the classic muscle car styling. i think it has it more than the 10-14s imo. i love them all though. if i was rich id have one of each (year, one of each year lol. and color).

They are LMR Replicas in 19x10 fronts & 19x11’s rears.

thats a great combo. what size tires are you running and what suspension? love that color combo

LS WUT

Established Member
I’ve got to admit they’re hit or miss for me. There are sometimes I see an 07-09 and I’m like oh man, that’s bad ass. Then there are some times I’m like ehh, could be better. I feel like a lot of it is the angles.

fireman02

Established Member
had a modded 03 and now a modded 07. loved the 03 but hated the clutch. it was a beast to rip around in on the streets. being a bright red vert on nice wheels, it got a LOT of attention. constant compliments everywhere; a lot from women. it was a real eye catcher.

the gt500 does not get as much attention. probably a lot having to do with not having stripes. it gets attention mostly from men, usually older guys who are shelby fans/owners. women, not so much lol. a couple of dummies have asked me if its real lol.

i prefer the gt500. i prefer the more comfortable ride. the clutch is 10x better. the brakes are much better (stock vs stock) and i upgraded mine even more. ive built the suspension up. nothing crazy but it handles fantastic.

you can make lots of power for cheap with a tvs swap. the fuel and cooling systems are better to begin with. for someone looking to go fast and the best bang for your buck possible the 07-09 gt500 is hard to beat. there are TONS of them out there with stupid low miles on them. low mileage terminators are selling for good $$. 11/12 GT500s are still pretty pricey and wont go much faster than an 07-09. the 13/14s are still expensive and a completely different ballpark. another value is the 2010. newer looks/body but cost is closer to 07-09s.

looks are subjective. i love a sick looking terminator like anyone else but i really love the looks of the 07-09 GT500s. i just fell in love with the classic muscle car styling. i think it has it more than the 10-14s imo. i love them all though. if i was rich id have one of each (year, one of each year lol. and color).

thats a great combo. what size tires are you running and what suspension? love that color combo

Nitto 555 G2’s 265/40/19’s
Nitto 555R II’s 305/35/19’s

Users who are viewing this thread