Anyone go to Cruisin OCMD?

MTBSully

Established Member
Went to mustang week 2015 with some fellow MA boys and it was an absolute blast. This year MW is in september and I dont think I will make it. Some of us are considering going to cruisin OCMD instead. A few days in May, about half the driving distance, and it seems fun! Any thoughts from people who have been in previous years?

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Always wanted to try ocean city. Cant take the time off cause I use that time for MW. Gunna try and go in September. I think it will be better cause hopefully it wont be so damn hot.

scott_0

Established Member
the OC cruise is a good time, but the weather is almost always shit! my nephew and I are going down this year, if the weather looks good

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge on Tapatalk

paluka21

Established Member
I'll be down there but leaving the car behind. When the weather holds out there are good shows and a lot of cool cars cruising around.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
A few of us go almost every year. Spring cruise is usually really crazy. Thousands of different cars and meets going on all over the place. Generally its a great time. This year we will have my 03 cobra, a buddies 87 notch, a ws6, and a few tt 5.0s. You should definitely come down. We generally stay just north of the city. Family has a little compound where we stage all the trailers and cars

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Any suggestions on where to stay?

I assume you will be trailering your car? That's the new issue in OC, you need a permit for them now. I'd call around and see if they will allow you to park it on site. Wherever you stay, it's a bitch getting around because of all the cars, especially if the weather is nice.

ben_gone

Jigsaw
Established Member
I always have a shit load of fun every spring when i go. You can see anything from an 07 Ferrari concept to a 29 ford model t. Some times bad shit happens though. Last year, a kid fell off his balcony to his death at my hotel. It was nuts. That same weekend another guy killed himself running red lights from cops on a crotch rocket who slammed into a truck. It rains at least one day of the 4 day event. With all the bad, there is a shit load of good. SVTP does cruises/meets. Every car club out there meets in different parking lots. There is an official show. An inside car show with a flea market for parts and accessories. People like to meet up at midnight at the wawa to street race. They go out of town for that. Everyone that isn't driving a car is most likely hammered on the side of the road screaming to do burnouts at every car they see. There are 3 police agencies on site that ive seen in recent years. City(with auxiliary police), county and state police. I got a warning ticket last year for "spinning tires" but when the cop was backing me up along the road, he guided me into curbing my 18 inch saleen chrome. That mfker.

All in all, its fun. There are awesome cars, ladies and good food everywhere. Just don't get too crazy and you'll love it.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
I always have a shit load of fun every spring when i go. You can see anything from an 07 Ferrari concept to a 29 ford model t. Some times bad shit happens though. Last year, a kid fell off his balcony to his death at my hotel. It was nuts. That same weekend another guy killed himself running red lights from cops on a crotch rocket who slammed into a truck. It rains at least one day of the 4 day event. With all the bad, there is a shit load of good. SVTP does cruises/meets. Every car club out there meets in different parking lots. There is an official show. An inside car show with a flea market for parts and accessories. People like to meet up at midnight at the wawa to street race. They go out of town for that. Everyone that isn't driving a car is most likely hammered on the side of the road screaming to do burnouts at every car they see. There are 3 police agencies on site that ive seen in recent years. City(with auxiliary police), county and state police. I got a warning ticket last year for "spinning tires" but when the cop was backing me up along the road, he guided me into curbing my 18 inch saleen chrome. That mfker.

All in all, its fun. There are awesome cars, ladies and good food everywhere. Just don't get too crazy and you'll love it.

The dude getting killed on the crotch rocket was brutal, there were pictures all over after it happened.

SirShaun

Established Member
I had never been subjected to that many cool cars, for such an extended period of time, until I went to Cruisin OCMD. I went down for the weekend one year. It was non stop cool cars from Friday to Sunday. You are guaranteed to see mild, wild, and rare.

People literally sit on the sidewalk in lawn chairs, with coolers, and just watch the strip. Typically car meets/shows everywhere throughout the day.

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member

I was staying there too.

50stangpower

Established Member
We go every year to both shows. Always a good time if you are a car person. I have "cooled" down the last couple years after getting a racing ticket..

Venimus03

Established Member

OC in a nutshell.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Might go with my friend this year if I can talk him into taking the 63 Impala SS Vert or I'd even be happy taking the 56 Chevy truck out.

Users who are viewing this thread