Anyone get a new JLU Wrangler?

B0B

Established Member
Neighbor just ordered a JLU rubicon. I’m excited to see it. So far I like everything I’ve seen and read about them, except the huge price tag. In the market for a new rig for the wife and we discussed a new jeep, but they are so proud of them... I’ve had my TJ rubicon for 10 years and have no plans on ever selling it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I took a Rubicon for a test ride the first day my local dealer got one. It's a hell of a lot nicer that the JK when it comes to the improvements as well as the step up in interior design. My favorite part is the windshield folds down with 4 screws compared to the 28 it takes in my JK.

That said, I dropped $10k into my 16 JKUR and there is zero chance of me selling it anytime soon. I was thinking about trading mine in, all they way up to once I got back in it. I instantly thought 'wtf was I thinking?' LoL

This is mine...

Rubi_W_Lift.jpg

03SonicBlueGT

Hear Me?!
Established Member
I took a Rubicon for a test ride the first day my local dealer got one. It's a hell of a lot nicer that the JK when it comes to the improvements as well as the step up in interior design. My favorite part is the windshield folds down with 4 screws compared to the 28 it takes in my JK.

That said, I dropped $10k into my 16 JKUR and there is zero chance of me selling it anytime soon. I was thinking about trading mine in, all they way up to once I got back in it. I instantly thought 'wtf was I thinking?' LoL

This is mine...

View attachment 1470383

There’s a built-in loop into the frame around the windshield to help tie down the windshield when it’s resting against the rubber bumpers on the hood, too!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Im not all about all the fancy stuff on a jeep. I enjoy mine just as it is. Its noisy, rough and sucks on gas but i have ever loved a vehicle like my TJ. As of now, i would only own the 4.0. They just last for ever. I want to get several and custom build each one. When the wife gets her car paid off, we're going to get her one.

Sent from my Schlong using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Careful, they'll start breeding like rabbits.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
IMG_5081.JPG

Here’s mine. Fully optioned except painted top.

The 8spd wakes up the 3.6 so well. The interior is amazing. It’s nice to have a head unit developed after the 90s.

They addressed a lot of the jk issues which required after market IMO.

The little touches are awesome. The door stops are great, soft touch door panels, vents for the rear passengers, fold flat seats with not giant chasm between the seat backs and load decks...

The freaking lights are amazing.

I have had 4 JKs. This thing is better in every single way.

I see a lot of price complaints. They added a lot of or made available a lot of far better components. This one stickered 6k higher than my 15 jkurhr.

I love it.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
IMG_5079.JPG

Here’s the 15 with fenders, wheels, 34s, 2” mopar lift, .75 spring spacers, relo brackets, etc...

It was good to me. Way louder, kind of temperamental with the lockers and sway disco, etc.
I hated how much the lift changed the driving character of it. It was all jeep before the mods but it was straight murderous until I got the geometry right.

I’ve had to use my JL lockers several times already for stuck vehicle removal. It locks up very quickly and pull like a tractor.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
+65k , and hold their value ridiculously well. I never understood why this is so....Until recently they were at the top of the list for chintzy vehicles as far as build quality. I get the whole wind through the hair thing but the road noise is ridiculous and if you're over 5'9" there is no room in front along with limited storage. Not to mention the anemic performance and rotting frames....I understand the aftermarket is HUGE but I never got the whole 'Jeep thing'. If I want to go off-roading for realz I'll mod my truck accordingly. I'm a car enthusiast through and through but just never got it for what they were. I'm sure I'll take heat for this post.

To me, they have always been expensive for what they are.

Rosco P

Bitter clinger…
Established Member
+65k , and hold their value ridiculously well. I never understood why this is so....Until recently they were at the top of the list for chintzy vehicles as far as build quality. I get the whole wind through the hair thing but the road noise is ridiculous and if you're over 5'9" there is no room in front along with limited storage. Not to mention the anemic performance and rotting frames....I understand the aftermarket is HUGE but I never got the whole 'Jeep thing'. If I want to go off-roading for realz I'll mod my truck accordingly. I'm a car enthusiast through and through but just never got it for what they were. I'm sure I'll take heat for this post.

You won’t take heat for the post from me but you would for spending $65k on a jeep. We haven’t gotten there yet. Ha damn.

Jk at the end of the run broke $50k for special editions loaded to the gills. Once the diesel JL shows up I think we will get close to 60...maybe more.

I’m 6’2 and I fit fine in them all.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
Lol....The +65k is an old SVTP reference. I know they don't go for that much but still think they're overpriced. I'm 6'3" and don't know how your comfortable in a wrangler...I buy and sell vehicles for a living and flipped 2 wranglers recently, a 2 door TJ and 4 door YJ and felt cramped in both. I couldn't extend my legs all the way, not even close; it drove me nuts. I get people liking certain things that's what the automotive industry is all about but they're not for me for sure. Clearly I'm not in the majority because Wranglers have a huge following. Honestly, I like the style of Uncle but for the price and the amenities you get it's just not for me.

Users who are viewing this thread