Anyone from Waldorf?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Just wondering if anyone on here lives in waldorf/laplata area. This place is overflowing with mustangs and SVT products, so I thought I would take a shot and see how many of them post here......

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
That's way better that Waldurf. I actually live in Bryantown, about 2 miles from the soccer fields.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I live in the Bryantown Estates right off of Cracklingtown Rd. We should get together sometime.

RAWSN8K

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
No it is right off of Rte 5, just before Mitchell's Supply on the right. There is also a Credit Union on the right. Cracklingtown Road is about 50 feet before that.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ohhhhhhh ok, I know where that is. I didn't know the name of that road though. I have never driven down there, but I drive by it all the time. We should meet up and have a beer or something sometime. Dunno if you are into the whole club thing or not, but you are also welcome to come to the next Mustang club meeting at berts if you like as well.

I haven't been paying attention lately, but is that white house on the right still loaded to the gills with imports?

jason1320

Established Member
I live just north of there in Bowie. I spend a lot of time down in the Waldorf area either passing through to MIR or visiting friends in the area. :beer:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I used to hit up MIR every friday. I haven't been down there this year yet though. I also haven't made a pass with the slowbra yet, I usually save my 5.0 for that. But it's currently getting a heart transplant.

Jason, I think I have seen you trucking down 301 before. I'm pretty sure I saw you a few weeks ago in the evening, there aren't alot of sonic blue cobras around here with the rear bumper inserts....

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Originally posted by pestalince
hughesville also...do you guy go to MIR much?

I try to make it down. I have only ran my car once this year. I usually fo to the bike meets at MIR. I used to own a GSXR 1100 and I still like to see them run. Besides, I have a friend that has a 1995 GSXR 1100 that, with a bit of work, has run 9.48 in the 1/4. It's amazing to see a guy run that especially with the front wheel about 8-10 inches off of the ground. I plan on going to MIR again soon. We should try to hook up.

RAWSN8K

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Originally posted by FISHTAIL
We should meet up and have a beer or something sometime. Dunno if you are into the whole club thing or not, but you are also welcome to come to the next Mustang club meeting at berts if you like as well.

I haven't been paying attention lately, but is that white house on the right still loaded to the gills with imports?

Thanks for the invite. When are you going to be at Berts again. I would love to get together.

As far as the white house is concerned, I think that the rice brigade has mvoed out. I think that the house was being rented by a bunch of young kids. I only see a truck and a minivan there now.

Let me know when you want to hook up for some beers. I try to go to Chilis for Happy Hour, free buffalo wings and cold beer, at least everyother week.

RAWSN8K

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
I have another question. Last year I started a SVTOA Chapter in Waldorf but it was closed due to lack of participation by the Dealer Director and lack of interest by fellow SVTOA members. Would you guys like to see a SVTOA Chapter in SoMd again? I would be willing to pursue it again if there is enough interest. The reason being is I know that there are a lot of SVT and Fords in SoMd and I think that a lot of us like to get together with other people that share our enthusiasm and passion for our cars and trucks. The only requirement is that you join the SVTOA for a cost of $35 a year. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
RAWSN8K
(Todd Walker)
Hm:301-274-2714

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I would be interested. I need to join up with SVTOA anyway, I get my years free membership with the new car:). THe meeting at berts, is on August 21st at 4:00 if I remeber correctly. The club website is:
www.home.earthlink.net/~somdstangs

I used to be president of cheseapeake mustang and thunderbird club, but it folded due to lack of interest. The website is still up though, www.geocities.com/dastangboys.

I just didn't have time to keep up with my club while I was in school up at UMD. And nobody would take my place, so that was that. I'm now VP of the new club, but we just got started so we aren't doing a whole lot yet. We have big plans though. And the group attending the meetings seems interested in keeping it going, so it's a good sign so far. We already have stickers and shirts:).

So the rice brigade moved....there is a smaller contigent on the corner of poplar and Dr. Mudd, with a couple of talons, a civic, and a GT mustang. Not as bad as the one off of 5..

pestilence

Established Member
I'm interested too. I joined the svtoa and linked up with a chapter out in gaithersburg...but gaithersburg isn't really close to home and with work and all I don't make it out there much which sucks.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Excellent. Does this mean that we have 2 volunteers for club officers. If you guys are serious about it, I will go to Waldorf Ford, again, and talk to Tom Cody, the owner. He was all for sponsoring a SVTOA Chapter. I will speak to him this week and get the ball rolling again. Feel free to call me any time you guys want to get together.

Thanks,
RAWSN8K
(Todd Walker)
HM:(301) 274-2714
WK:(301) 636-8861

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I'm serious. Can't say as I"m too fond of waldorf ford though, I had a couple of those guys try to bully me into buying a car basically....so I went to Sheehy instead. It's really too bad, because I know alot of the folks who work in the shop and parts, and I've always gone there for everything else....

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
They avoid me like the plague because they all know that I used to work there and that I know Tom and all of his management staff. I would have their a$$ if they tried anything. You have to also remember that Car dealerships, in general, go through salespeolple (pc) like we go through gas. Most of them have no idea how to make a deal and don't realize that the more pressure you put on someone the more they will resist.

Anyways, about the club, I guess I could ask Sheehy Ford in Marlo Heights but I realy don't want to go there for our meetings. Keep in mind that once we have the club re-established, we will have a Dealer Rep that we will go through for all of our transactions.

RAWSN8K

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
That's not nessisary, we can go through waldorf ford. I bring my car there for service anyway because I know one of the techs and it's closer. It actually wasn't the salesman who was pressureing me, he was just an idiot. The guy pressureing me was one of the sales managers, Steve or something...I forget now. It's been like 2 months.

There is also the optoin of going with Hunt Ford in laplata. They are SVT, and are very interested in keeping it. They don't have very much lot space though:(. But then again, neither does waldorf ford/dodge. ...or sheehy. But yeah, we should stay away from sheehy, that's just too far of a drive.

I just felt the need to share that waldorf fords sales staff tried to jack me;).

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Are you talking about Steve the used car Sales Manager? He was a proter, washboy, when I worked there. LOL I do not get along with the Used car managers, especially George Day. Anyways, I didn't think that Hunt Ford was a SVT Dealer. They weren't last year. I don't know anyone that works there but if they are, I'm willing to approach them about it. Let me know what you want to do.

Thanks,
RAWSN8K

Users who are viewing this thread